Up to £0.00 per annum
2 months ago
12 Months +
Purpose of the Job
To promote an effective surveillance programme across the Central Section of the project and to provide an overview of its effectiveness. Promote surveillance activities and provide detailed evidence of compliance with Works Information of design, systems and technical compliance and form an important element of the assurance programme.
- Overviewing and providing verification evidence for the implementation of specified requirements in the works and the effectiveness of Contractors' self certification.
- Prepare applicable surveillance procedures, forms, and reporting methods.
- Prepare an integrated 'risk-based' surveillance schedule, coordinating the site team surveillance programmes for individual contracts.
- Complete own surveillances, whilst managing a team of two verification engineers.
- Attends selected Quality Focus meetings as appropriate to discuss major issues arising from surveillance.
- Surveillance is completed on a sample basis by the Verification Manager and Verification Engineers visiting sites in rotation, inspecting and reporting on the following:
1. Availability and approval status of documents used on site for construction.
2. Clarity of acceptance criteria in ITPs.
3. Compliance with ITPs and constructed works with baseline requirements including codes, standards, specifications and approved drawings.
4. Compliance with client requirements for design and build
5. Review of inspection and test records to confirm that data is recorded as required by specifications and standards.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Cooperate in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Client's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Central Section
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI CQP) or equivalent experience.
- Educated to degree level in civil engineering or similar, or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience of quality management, in particular product verification processes on mega construction projects.
- Technical competence in railway infrastructure.
- Computer literacy preferred including Microsoft Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Full MS Office suite.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, to effectively work with company and client representatives with confident, in a polite and professional demeanour.