over 2 years ago
There is a requirement for x2 Railway Assurance Leads to come onto the Crossrail project on a contract-basis for at least a year in Stratford, East London.
To provide independent second line assurance of the delivery of the Crossrail programme with focus on Crossrail's rail systems and operational readiness as a member of the Crossrail Project and Programme Assurance (PPA) team within the Crossrail three lines of defence assurance framework to provide confidence in the safe, timely and value for money delivery of the Elizabeth line.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Undertake analysis to include but not be limited to civils, structures, systems and operational elements required to support the readiness for stations, routeway, trial operations and passenger service, as part of the assurance framework and strategy for providing confidence to internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the Elizabeth line.
- Lead and develop the technical and operational aspects of the integrated audit and assurance plan (IAAP) for Crossrail. Ensuring the IAAP is continuously relevant and accounts for all assurance activities within and outside all lines of defence to maximise value and minimise disruption; and effectively communicates Crossrail's assurance plans to external stakeholders so they can plan their activities.
- Provide leadership and management of discreet assurance activities across the PPA function and a dispersed team to ensure the alignment of those activities to the objectives of the Crossrail programme, and to make sure that actionable and valuable recommendations for improvement are produced.
- Ensure that recommendations from assurance activities are understood by those implementing them and that progress against the implementation of recommendations is appropriately monitored and communicated to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead on reporting of assurance (including progress against the IAAP, results of assurance activities and progress on the implementation of recommendations) to various forums including the Executive Group, Audit and Assurance Committee, and Crossrail Board.
- Nurture, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across all levels internally and externally to ensure collaborative cooperation with assurance activities and organisational and individual buy in to the assurance framework strategy and the IAAP.
- Maintain highly visible integrity and independence in the execution the role.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of a position providing assurance within complex project and programme delivery and handover, preferably within the rail industry.
- Is a Chartered Engineer or hold relevant professional qualifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable delivering difficult messages and maintaining relationships in contentious contexts.
- Track record of delivering assurance within complex multi-discipline capital programmes
- Experience in UK rail industry.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent report writing skills.