Greater London, England
£0.01 - £1.01 per day + market rates
about 2 years ago
Reporting Manager - London Rail Infrastructure Project
Supports the Delivery Director in undertaking day to day management of the Project reporting requirements and manages the maintenance and effectiveness of the reporting framework and processes to provide required information to the Business Manager. Facilitates and manages the maintenance of the area monthly reporting calendar and the timely preparation, management and distribution of data validated key reports / dashboards to the Stations project team.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel. Ensures work is completed as scheduled.
- Maintains relationships with the Business Manager and project personnel, particularly individual discipline group leaders and project personnel.
- Continuing contacts with the Delivery Director, Stations Business Manager, project team members, and working and supervisory level personnel of other departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Co-ordinate and manage the input of reporting information at a project level together with preparation of project reporting documents (project progress, scheduling, cost estimating, monitoring and related work) and feed into Programme level reports.
- Manage the Area level reporting, with required robustness and clarity and in line with the overall reporting structure to assist the Business Manager and Delivery Director to make informed delivery decisions.
- Provide a day-to-day service to the Programme Controls reporting structure and work with the core Programme Reporting team to clarify issues of quality, accuracy and prioritisation of data within Programme level reports, as required.
- Contribute to the development and ad hoc analysis of reports as may be required to increase the level of understanding and to aid key decision making around the performance of the Project.
- Monitor data inputted into cost and performance systems so that it meets data standards and timeliness.
- Interface with project management, planning and engineering disciplines in order to prepare deliverables and develop high quality products, meeting milestone deliverable schedule submittal dates and budgets. Further liaise with planning, cost, risk, value and project teams to understand and assure reported data and to increase the robustness of analysis and onward reporting of information.
- Work with the Programme Controls reporting team to assist in the delivery of Programme wide strategic reporting, in particular with the Reporting Analyst to verify critical reporting information in the field.
- Provide such additional support to the Area Business Manager as may be required from time to time.
- Take reasonable care of his/her own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the clients Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with clients Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly clients information or information systems at risk.
- Key interfaces of this role include:
- Head of Reporting
- Delivery Director
- Business Manager
- Project Delivery Teams
- Educated to at least degree level, or equivalent training and experience.
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Able to quickly and effectively analyse and report on qualitative and quantitative data.
- Hands on experience in production of project and / or Programme reporting.
- Proficient user of IT systems (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet, MS Access, etc.).
- Knowledge of large engineering construction projects.
- Experience in Programme Controls and/or Programme Management.
- Knowledge of the use of project / Programme control tools, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to successfully capture, document and extract significant points of action and discussion from senior meetings.
6. Role Specific Requirements
Period dashboard generation
Delivery Update / reporting presentations
Area Delivery Reports
Board reports and innovative rail programme reporting graphics
Contract commercial updates
Critical items tracker
EDT 100 Day Plan Admin
Preparing Area Status Reports:
Presentations to executive committee
Interface with Communications team:
Development of employee engagement articles
External marketing and communications articles
Office Move and accommodation logistics