Manchester, Greater Manchester
£350 - £400 per day + Inside IR35
11 months ago
Taking overall responsibility for all aspects of Health and Safety, acting as the departments lead competent person for health and safety; May include line management of Health and Safety Officers or Advisors.
Advising senior management on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance across the department; Developing and implementing the initial requirements for Health and Safety policies; Investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents and taking necessary steps to prevent a recurrence; Proactively issuing guidance in order to promote Health and Safety awareness and compliance at all levels; Ensuring the effective communication, understanding and implementation of new Health and Safety policies; Supporting line managers in reaching complex or high risk decisions on a case-by case basis by providing expert Health and Safety advice; Supplying advice on a wide range of Health and Safety issues at all levels of the organisation.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of the Safety leadership and Cultural Change Strategy.
- Design and development of culture change programme activities - to be assigned a lead project for design.
- Influence, coach and support Senior Business Leaders and their teams across all functions of the organisation to support the development of Safety Leadership and Culture Change.
Implementation of the behavioural and cultural change activities in safety leadership and culture change programme.
- Act as Account Manager for allocated routes/business units to enable devolved businesses to deliver the safety culture change programme outcomes.
- Build organisation wide capability for managing change by the development and mentoring of change agents not part of the core team.
- Pro-actively support in the liaison with all functions of the organisation where alignment with culture is required.
- Provide expertise, guidance and support to other members of the safety culture and leadership programme and other groups and departments on the application of safety culture and behaviour concepts and methods