Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£350 - £400 per day + Inside IR35
9 months ago
1. Manage the delivery of strategies, plans and improvement programmes for building risk management capability, systems, processes, competences and culture to support the effective management and assurance of safety health, quality and environment risks and opportunities.
2. Manage the Safety Health and Environment requirements of the management system framework, such as manuals, standards and integration into business processes, to establish a consistent approach that can evolve, be integrated into core processes and activities and deliver improvements in capabilities and performance.
3. Develop, plan and maintain an integrated multi-year assurance plan, using a framework from risk and assurance, aligned to Enterprise Risk Management, to provide the leadership and relevant teams with appropriate levels of assurance over risks, including compliance.
4. Provide the functional lead in relevant disciplines with technical specialist knowledge and experience for the delivery of programmes to improve capabilities in risk management, assurance and organisational learning.
5. Lead and manage investigations and enabling processes required by company standards supporting implementation of shared learning and its effectiveness to improve organisational knowledge and learning and reduce the likelihood and impact of events.
6. Provide management information, analysing and preparing insights to support stakeholders making informed decisions, that improve the management of safety health, quality and environment risks.
7. Manage the deployment of appropriate technical specialist support to deliver Safety Health and Environment services efficiently and effectively by considering the needs of customers against existing resource commitments and balancing short and longer-term priorities.
8. Manage and deliver culture maturity and change using common frameworks and tools, such as models, workshops, surveys and engagement, to create a mature culture for the proactive management of safety health, quality and environment risks, opportunities and robust assurance.
9. Provide advice on regulatory and internal requirements, including stakeholder engagement and regulatory liaison to assist in managing stakeholder relationships
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. IOSH or IEMA with appropriate membership status
* Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant work experience
* Successful experience in performance improvement
* Relevant experience in the successful management of safety, health, quality and environment governance, risk, assurance and improvement in highly complex or high hazard organisations
* Proven sound knowledge of investigation and shared learning processes
* Proven good management, interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisational skills
* Demonstrable good understanding of the UK and European legislative framework and requirements
* Passed IRCA approved Lead Audit training
* Experience in organisational learning and systems thinking
* Rail Industry experience
*Experience of working with management systems (e.g. ISO or equivalent)