over 1 year ago
Scheme Project Manager
Our Client is looking for a Scheme Project Manager who will support the Project Management team in delivering a variety of multi-discipline projects. You will be required to work on your own initiative liaising closely with senior management and external contractors and consultants alike, being able to fully comprehend complex issues and recognise the impact these may have on associated projects and our business. There will be a requirement to manage Contractors and other project support resources.
The role will predominantly be office based within our clients East Anglia Programme team, however there is a necessary requirement to visit sites to carry monitor site construction activities as and when required out site safety inspections and.
Applicants should be self-motivated with demonstrable stakeholder management skills and experience delivering in multi-discipline project environments.
The role will require an individual who has previous Project Management experience, ideally in construction/engineering related projects preferably with some rail industry experience.
To achieve this you'll need to be:
- Putting safety first to ensure that everyone gets home safe every day.
- A team player, committed to working collaboratively with the team and your contractors.
- Energetic with superb communication skills with an ability to get things done.
- Pro-active, ensuring deadlines are met and targets exceeded.
- Able to thrive in a stressful environment with a can do attitude.
- Able to think outside the box to deliver under any circumstance.
About the role
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
- Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of milestone reporting, key performance indicators and other project reporting.
- Manage the development and delivery of projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Manage change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
- Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
- Manage the production of project management plans
- Manage project budgets within agreed targets
- Deliver regular progress reports on projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Project and Programme Manager.
- Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement & lessons learnt methods.
- Successful relevant experience including project management.
- Educated to HNC/HND or similar standard.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Projects
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of safety regulations (particularly CDM)
- In addition, knowledge of the UK and European Approvals and regulatory processes.
- Hold a formal training qualification in project management (e.g. PRINCE2, MSP)
- Have proven experience within a railway signalling environment.