17 days ago
Prior to the start of operations:
- Working closely with IT vendors and external service providers, conduct detailed testing and market trials for critical operations and market systems.
- Support the development of front-office, back-office and operational procedures/user manuals.
- Develop market analysis and P&L reporting tools.
- Support customer engagement and on-boarding of clients.
After the start of operations:
- Responsible for overseeing real-time commercial operations engaging directly with customers, external service providers, transmission system operators and power exchanges in France and Great Britain, the Joint Allocation Office and Elexon.
- Monitor real-time performance of commercial and operations systems, activate manual fall-back arrangements to ensure continuity of service in abnormal situations.
- Conduct daily P&L reporting for the ElecLink senior management team.
- Conduct market and economic analysis to identify revenue optimisation opportunities and inform senior management decisions on commercial strategy.
- Support ongoing customer relationship management.
- Be part of the 24/7 on-call rota team responsible for managing ElecLink’s market exposure in the event of asset unavailability.
Carry out periodic quality assurance studies, produce operational reports and present recommendations to the ElecLink senior management team to enable ongoing business planning and operational performance improvements.
- Experience in a similar role at an interconnector, transmission system operator or power generator.
- Good knowledge of interconnector operations and cross-border trading arrangements in GB and France.
- Good knowledge of IT systems for electricity market operations.
- Experience with IT systems testing (test cases, test conditions, test data and test automation) would be an advantage.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in economics, finance, engineering, IT or business administration.
Skills and Competencies
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex business and technical matters effectively.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong understanding of use of Microsoft Excel to complete detailed analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and strong focus on getting things right.
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic environment with rapid growth.
- Self-starter and results orientated.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Very good team player wishing to collaborate and share expertise across the organization.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of French would be an advantage, but not essential.
Occasional travel may be required.