29 days ago
- Responsible for managing the real time interface and relationship with a specific franchise. Working collaboratively with the delivery partners so they meet their contractual obligations. Lead the relationship with franchise operators.
- Contractual negotiations and variations. Lead and manage commercial relationships with Board level members, including the negotiation of variations to contractual obligations, ensuring outcomes are consistent with affordability constraints, represent value for money and are in the customer's interests.
- Ensure contractual obligations are delivered including franchise payments. Maximise revenue and customer benefits while minimising risk to the customer and thereby protect the long term value of the franchise.
- Advising on matters relating to the commercial relationship/contractual delivery.
- Ensure that new franchises are let in accordance with the agreed ITT and affordability envelope and are mobilised on time and on budget. Minimise risk and minimise contractual claims. Protect and promote the long term value of the franchise by ensuring continued operation within appropriate liquidity levels, closely managing and mitigating against the risk of default.
- Validate franchise payments and receipts.
- Effective use of management information to challenge the franchisee on operational, project and financial performance, highlighting key trends and issues using data, allocating resources effectively and putting in place improvement plans when necessary.
- Actively assisting the senior leadership team with the management and development of the Division and contributing to the wider management of the Directorate.
- Providing robust financial and resource management and seeking to deliver efficiencies and secure cost saving opportunities.
- Working collaboratively with finance colleagues to provide robust cash flow forecasts and end of year risk adjusted outturn cost estimates. Using your commercial knowledge and experience of the relevant franchise(s) and market to feed into and develop the future specification for the next franchises.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Knowledge of railway and construction industry conditions of contract.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and professional qualification.
- Experienced negotiator.
- Experience of resolution of construction contract disputes
- 5 years' relevant railway and/or construction experience.
- Knowledge of railway commercial contract management.
- Experience of managing and developing a team of staff.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience of contractors accounts.