£50k - 65k per year
27 days ago
We are Currently recruiting for Electrical Engineers to join our clients team on a permanent basis in the Glasgow or Inverness area.
The role will be predominently working in the Water sector.
To oversee all aspects of projects from design right through to implementation, ensuring compliance with Client specifications and current regulatory standards. The post holder will be responsible for developing design deliverables, the procurement of goods and services, preparing work scope estimates/quotations and completing contract works information documents, as required. The post holder will also produce risk assessments and method statements, and manage quality, environmental and health and safety matters on allocated projects.
- Comply with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems
- Instructing, directing, controlling and allocating work to others, in particular those related to safety, quality and productivity aspects.
- Acting at all times as a representative of the Company and ensure that the customer is completely satisfied
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post objectives as required by the Company (appropriate to the level of the post)
- Carry out all other tasks as requested within the post holder’s appropriate skill set
- Prepare site documentation including environmental, quality and health and safety procedures
- Regularly meet & liaise with Clients to discuss project requirements and obtain appropriate approvals.
- Carry out the planning and implementation of projects, including appropriate site surveys.
- Develop project estimates and timescales, preparing quotations and programmes.
- Plan and schedule project timelines, milestones, project dependencies and critical path
- Provide technical support to the wider project & design team members, including mentoring of others as required, including site and workshop personnel where appropriate.
- Project liaison from enquiry to final acceptance, including appropriate documentation & materials requisitions and liaison with other departmental sections, trades and contractors / suppliers as appropriate.
- Where appropriate, controlling, managing and co-ordinating the activities of projects and any sub-contractors, ensuring the suitability of all allocated resources.
- Effective communication of technical issues within the project team
- Attend recommended training courses to assist with personal development as required by the company
- Work with project managers to plan, programme and review resources for relevant workloads
- Fully understand design specifications and technical drawings, ensuring the project is fully compliant.
- Researching suitable solutions, designing systems and products and liaise with sub-contractors
- Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations/drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specialist area of knowledge
- Production of AutoCAD Drawings, reading schematics and prepare final documentation
- Checking and approving of drawings/ specifications & technical input as required for services, products and subcontractors
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction
- Early Identification and resolution of non-conformance, including fault finding & rectification.
- Effective communication of technical issues between project management, designers, consultants, and other functions/support services within the project team
- Support as appropriate, to ensure projects go through the fabrication / assembly / production facility in a timely manner whilst endeavouring to meet target costs, ensuring that the necessary personnel are informed.
Requirements for the role
- Engineering first degree or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer or significant progress toward chartership with membership to a relevant accredited Institution
- Knowledge of current design Standards covering British Standards and Eurocodes
- Proven track record as an Engineer in both a design office and construction with a technical background
- Ability to follow/interpret/explain technical instructions
- Sound knowledge of all related disciplines and managing a team of Engineers
- Knowledge of customer's products, markets, processes, procedures, codes, standards, and regulations
- Knowledge in strategic planning and risk management
- Excellent decision-making, time management skills, the ability to multitask and project manage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough knowledge of Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety processes/procedures
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Be persuasive, encouraging and motivating and able to bring projects to successful completion
- Able to gain co-operation from all stakeholders, including upper management, Clients and other departments
- Ability to plan and organise day to day workloads within a busy design and build environment
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with, lead and motivate teams
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies with flexibility and apply innovative thinking
- Able to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work alone or supervise a team
- Full clean driving licence