Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Site Manager (Night's)
Purpose of the Job
To support the project and enable the principle contractor to deliver their works through the coordination of interfaces, interrogation of their programme, monitoring and reporting of progress.
- Overseeing all night shift activities, including building, MEP, testing & commissioning and handover activities.
- Ensuring excellent level of health and safety performance through taking care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the delivery of this role.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with health, safety and environmental, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Review of safe systems of work documentation, monitoring of compliance and seeking intervention where required.
- Driving programme objectives and progress/performance against milestones and programme.
- Participating in the development and interrogation of the principle contractor's programme, ensuring that a robust night shift programme is maintained and that opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Monitoring of night shift resource levels, working with the principle contractor to ensure that resources levels are adequate and effectively deployed.
- Liaising with the principle contractor and Project Manager's team to identify areas of opportunities and improvement.
- Ensuring effectiveness of and being engaged in shift handovers, ensuring that effective communication is taking place between shifts.
- Maintaining effective communication between the Project Manager's day shift staff.
- Checking principle contractor's night shift reports and working with principle contractor to ensure that night shift report quality is maintained.
- Completing CRL shift reports. Keeping the Project Construction Manager informed site progress, performance, issues and areas of improvement.
- Monitoring the principle contractor's management of direct hire and subcontractor performance and working with principle contractor to improve performance where required.
- Monitoring of and working with principle contractor to facilitate works in the rail environment.
- Supporting interfaces between the principle contractor and other contractors on site or on adjacent sites.
- Reviewing productivity of installed quantities against forecasts, providing reports as required. Identifying areas for improvement and working with principle contractor to make these improvements.
- Supporting the Project Manager in stakeholder relations in coordination with the contractor and community relations officers.
- Monitoring the principle contractor's compliance with logistics requirements and seeking intervention where required.
- Providing support to the Supervisor's Representative in monitoring principle contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan. Driving resolution of NCR's and closing of snags.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for 's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with 's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put 's information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Establishing effective relationships with the principle contractor's team.
- Working with the principle contractor and interfacing contractors to drive and track the progress of the works against programme.
- Supporting the project in protecting 's reputation through management and monitoring of principle contractor compliance with consents, undertaking & assurances, and community relations.
- Supporting the project in managing interfaces with other contracts and third parties beyond the contractor's control, especially with over site developments and in the rail environment.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to the Project Construction Manager
- Works with other Site Managers, Field Assurance Engineers, Area HSE representatives and Community Relations representatives
- Collaborates closely with principle contractor's and subcontractor's representatives
- Develops effective working relationships with construction interfaces, key stakeholders and community representatives.
- Experience of managing the building, MEP, testing and commissioning of major infrastructure projects of comparable complexity and value.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based HSE processes and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Understanding of project controls processes.
- Experience supervising and administering principle contractors and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of contracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities.