Birmingham, West Midlands
£400.00 - £450.00 per day + Inside IR35
about 2 years ago
12 months min.
The job holder will be responsible for leading and managing a team to deliver cost-effective solutions for the Station and Depot, in accordance with project and statutory requirements. Job holder is accountable to the Area Manager for specific deliverables within the scope described below, as well as leading on the integration and timely delivery of the interdependencies across the overall programme.
- The Stations & Depot Project Lead actively promotes and embeds Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all work, and will support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
- Included in the scope of accountability are the consultants and contractors in the supply chain under the Civil Design and Environmental Statement (CDES) and Access Negotiation and Land Referencing. The Delivery Director is responsible for the delivery management of these elements of the supply chain through the Area Managers and the Head of Land Assembly, supported by contract management resource from the Head of Contract Management.
- There are several hybrid Bill deliverables that are outside the direct accountability of the Delivery Director (notable the Environmental Statement and the rail systems design), but the accountability for managing the interfaces between these excluded accountabilities and the rest of the programme lies within the scope of the role.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Educated to master's degree level in a relevant subject
- Programme management qualifications and experience of application in a major project.
- Chartered membership of a relevant organisation
- Strong IT skills and proven working ability using Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems).
- Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication skills and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss environmental issues to a range of stakeholders.
- Knowledge of station and depot design
- A good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience of preparing/ reviewing material for and attending public consultations and engagement events.
- Experience of public inquiries (or similar)
- Experience of working under extremely tight deadlines and in a constantly changing project
- Experience of working with a client organisation
- Experience of working with Local and other Statutory Authorities
- Significant experience of project managing professional service consultants or contractors on large or complex infrastructure/ engineering projects.
- Experience in financial management of projects, including procurement processes.
- Experience in managing project risk registers.
- Proven ability managing individuals, consultants and working across multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate stakeholder management capabilities, especially the ability to lead discussions with stakeholders of all levels.