£30k - 40k per year + Company Van
30 days ago
We currently have an exciting vacancy working with one of our clients based in Grangemouth working as a Telemetry Engineer.
The role will be looking at paying anywhere from £30-£40k
- Carry out the initial review of scope and content of a Telemetry work package. Gather information from Suppliers, Clients and Users to ensure the scope of work is correctly interpreted and implemented. Deliver projects in line with Telemetry design documentation and Telemetry processes/specifications.
- Complete comprehensive site specific Telemetry i/o schedules, RTU code/configuration and Telemetry mimics from Clients outline requirements, and present for approval.
- Preparation of Telemetry design packages, adhering to QA procedures and closely following existing Client systems of work which are in place for particular projects.
- Configuration of Telemetry RTU’s to Clients exacting requirements including serial comms (RTU Modbus) and radio communications links.
- Build/Configuration of Telemetry mimics, i/o schedules and RTU software build, prepare documentation packages for Client’s Top End system.
- Accurately documenting results of Telemetry system tests at all stages of project life-cycle including full signal end to end testing process.
- Drive Telemetry commissioning and signal end to end testing process in awkward site conditions, with close liaison with Clients and SW Operations.
- Carry out radio and GSM surveys to sites, producing and issuing reports in a concise and consistent manner following established procedures and documentation formats.
- Troubleshooting for Scottish Water’s installed base of Telemetry RTU’s both during and outside normal working hours.
- Supervision and liaison with other contractors involved in Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls & Telemetry installation.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe, systematic and controlled manner ensuring high levels of Client satisfaction.
- Report on progress and provide necessary data to the Telemetry Framework Manager to allow up to date and accurate reports and forecasts to be completed.
- Identify any work activities that are varied or fall outwith project scope and provide reports of such instances to the Telemetry Framework Manager.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety procedures are followed and that site specific RA/MS are prepared for all projects requiring site works.
- Assist the Telemetry Framework Manager as required in the generation of estimates and quotations.
- Preferably the candidate will have gained at least 2 year’s previous experience in a Telemetry Engineering or other related Technical or Engineering environment.
- Some technical experience of Telemetry systems is essential, and experience or knowledge of their applications within the Water industry would be advantageous.
- Some technical experience or background knowledge of radio and/or Telecommunication systems would be advantageous.
- Good general I.T. skills are essential and the ability to quickly learn new software packages and applications.
- A good level of proficiency in the use of MS Office suite (MS Excel in particular) is essential.