Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
about 2 years ago
One of our client is looking for a skilled and passionate farm manager to join their team in United Arab Emirates. The Farm manager will be in charge of the day to day operations relating to Agriculture and Farming activities.
Summary of role
The Farm Manager will take on responsibility for the overall management of the farm's Agricultural Produce. Through the management and supervision of an array of key activities - including scheduling, preparation, planting, growing, harvesting, processing, packaging and delivering all produce from the farm - the Produce Farm Manager will ensure effective operation of the farm.
- Management of Open Field, Greenhouse & Net-house production environments
- Supervisory management of the following key activities:
- Planting, Growing & Harvesting of crops
- Processing & Packaging of all produce
- Delivery of all produce from the farm
- Budgeting and costing of produce related activities
- Organisation or fertility assurance and pest control measures
- Irrigation systems management
- Oversight of product quality control and post-harvest product management.
- Field scouting, crop rotation and cover cropping
- Various detail oriented record keeping responsibilities
- Supervision of the day-to-day time management and labour requirements
Essential Education and Experience required:
- Experience in crop planting, maintenance, harvest and post-harvest processing's.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma and professional qualification in agriculture or a related field
- A minimum of 10 years practical farm management experience including vegetable farming
- Farm or Agricultural management experience in arid/dryland regions.
- Knowledge of international best practice in the production of agricultural products (GLOBAL GAP)
- Experience managing large teams.
- Strong communication, presentation and liaison skills