US$450.00 - US$900.00 per day
almost 3 years ago
Analyser Engineer Instrument / Electrical (Reliability)
The position is located within the Reliability Engineering Group (RE), Instrumentation and Electrical Team.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Provide Analyzer engineering support for Tengiz Plant Operations. Work with Operations, Maintenance, Process Engineering, Automation and other technical specialists to improve operational performance and solve problems related to analyzer equipment, including measuring devices, sampling systems, fire & gas detection/alarm systems, analyzers and control system interfaces, and Analyzer Houses. Support the Subject Matter Expert supporting Design Engineering solutions for new Analyzer Installations and/or modifications for the optimization of existing Analyzer Systems. Considered as an expert in the application and use of analyzers. Perform analysis and systematic assessment of analyzer problems and production of reports to guide the engineering of reliable solutions for process stream analyses. Uses processes and standards to identify focus areas for reliability, mechanical availability and maintainability of improvements for analyzer equipment. Recommends solutions to reliability problems utilizing basic engineering principles in combination with practical engineering experience. Provides technical consultation to operators, analysts and engineers. Some responsibility for the review and development of operating and maintenance procedures to enhance the performance and reliability of equipment. Involvement in the provision of training to improve the skills and knowledge of Operations and Maintenance personnel.
Analyzer & Specialty Instrument Reliability Planning - Assures improved plant and process reliability through active analyzer & specialty instrument monitoring, diagnostics, and RCM program planning around those devices, including development of plans for larger-scale improvements required to address reliability issues that are identified. Researches and recommends technology to improve reliability of components and systems to optimize critical process variable input to process control and to reduce failures and upsets to the process. Works directly with Operations, Maintenance, Process Engineering, Process Control Group, and Reliability Engineering to develop recommendations for modifications and improvements as appropriate. Maintains Bad Actor list for analyzers and specialty instrumentation. Provides direct input on the TCO Approved Vendor's List for analyzers and specialty instrumentation].
Specific Candidate Skills:
- Degree in Analyser, Engineering, or Instrumentation and Control Systems (4 or 5 year program).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in application and performance improvement of analyzers and associated systems in an Oil and Gas environment.
- Knowledge and application of Explosion Protection methodologies (Ex).
- Process Analyzer Fundamentals and Instrumentation concepts, applications and tools.
- 5 years of Maintenance experience with Process Analyzers
- 10 years' experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Good understanding of Gas Chromatography
- Familiar with Ametek (Model 900,933,920,5100HDL and 3050-OLV/SLR/TE) and Siemens Analyzers
- Familiarity with ISA and other applicable standards.
- Experience in analyzer applications and troubleshooting, including associated sampling systems and auxiliary analyzer house equipment typical to oil operations (equipment specification, operational and maintenance requirements, reliability, and safety in design)
- Familiarity with Hazardous Area Classification and management
- Experience and knowledge of formal programs for monitoring, trending and validation of analyzer performance in conjunction and monitoring/reliability programs.
- Good Planning and Organization skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive rapport within reporting team and across departments.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, good team-work.
- Ability to solve and manage unique and complex problems.
- Various technical skills and ability to address complex, specialty related issues.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills to all levels of Management.
Proficient knowledge of computer software and inspection databases.