€70000.00 - €80000.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
- Manage a team of about 10 composed of Fleet Managers (FM) and Fleet Assistants (FA).
- technically qualified in freight wagon and an expert in rail regulations.
- ensures the lease contracts are serviced properly to satisfy customer while meeting the profitability targets of the company.
The tasks of the Area Manager (AM) are:
- To allocate fleets to FM and FA in collaboration with the second AM under the supervision of the Head of Fleet Management;
- To participate to the priorities definition with Head of Fleet Management (HFM) along with Maintenance Organization Manager (MOM) and Off Hire Manager;
- To edit team KPI and review it monthly with HFM
- To support, train and control his team to ensure its outmost performance;
- To communicate to his team objectives and priorities decided by the management and to monitor their deployment;
- To ensure an efficient delegation process in case of FM absences to serve the customer/contract without fault anyway;
- To ensure a pleasant and efficient collaboration between FMs and FAs within his team
- To ensure a pleasant and efficient collaboration between his team and the 2nd team of FMs, his dedicated Area Manager, the MOM and the Off-Hire Manager.
- To keep his team aware about new rail regulations (GCU) and relevant internal information advising about any consequences for contract application;
- To ensure the processes are followed and notably record and saving of data is performed properly to achieve ECM safety targets;
To supervise team notably by:
- organising a Monthly review per customer with his Fleet Managers based on performance of the month;
- checking monthly that Monthly Proforma complies with Lease conditions agreed;
- checking if rebilling is complete, i.e. invoicing to RU, customer rebilling and workshop rebilling (with support of Maintenance Organization Manager)
- checking proper preventive maintenance plans are carry out with the support of the Technical Department and by the customer himself in case of Mix lease
- checking the communication and contracts with other actors such of RUs are rail service (RU notably) impacting wagons availability
- Implementing integration program for each new team member;
- Implementing planning program for the team
- Managing the planning of absences and holidays
- Managing the business trips planning
Reporting Management and representation role
- To meet customers quickly along with FM should the need arise;
- To support FM in the reporting of ECM contracts;
- To participate in GCU working group discussions
- To participate to the working session on spare stock definition with Logistic and Technical department
- To provide feedback on workshop performances to MOM,
- To edit improvement request related to tools or methodology and cooperate with DSI to define the needs.
Skills and experience required
- Railway engineer having experience in maintenance or in fleet management.
- Experience of team management. Proven capacity as team leader.
- Organized, accurate and meticulous
- Good capacity of synthesis
- High communication
- Team management
- Team worker
- English + German or another language
- General mechanics
- Experience in freight wagons would be a plus but not mandatory