about 1 month ago
Manage the asset management of the route operational property building services and depot plant assets to deliver Network Rail's goals. Provide asset management expertise on building services maintenance and renewal decisions.
1. Manage the asset stewardship and inspection of operational property building services, depots and depot plant assets in accordance with asset policy and technical strategy, recommending remedial and renewal works and maintaining comprehensive asset records.
2. Develop and assist with the management of prioritised maintenance and renewal requirements, workbanks and plans in accordance with the technical asset management strategy and budget.
3. Produce maintenance, renewal and enhancement (PRS) remits and their inclusion in the work bank. Define the development and implementation of schemes, verifying requirements are sufficient, correctly interpreted and delivered. Monitor the implementation of control measures where proposed works are deferred and managed in accordance with asset policy.
4. Act as sponsor for complex and specialist maintenance and all renewal schemes. Discharge all sponsor's accountabilities in accordance with corporate policy.
5. Carry out engineering analysis and risk assessment of maintenance and renewals schemes during the early development phase, and produce business cases.
6. Review proposals from other asset groups or external organisations that impact on maintenance or renewal activity, identify potential synergies and develop optimised plans as applicable.
7. Monitor trends in maintenance and renewal work, asset condition, failure and failure precursors. Check that appropriate action is specified to predict and prevent similar failures.
8. Assist in providing engineering support and participate in investigations of incidents relating to building services and plant maintenance and renewals.
9. Liaise with portfolio occupiers and stakeholders for asset stewardship purposes and report on tenant lease non-compliance and manage the monitoring of tenant dilapidations with particular reference to building services and plant.
10. Manage the PPM programme of works in accordance with Operational Property National remit. Review and audit delivery against remit.
11. Complete the technical approval of building services element of the landlord's consent applications for all non Network Rail works at franchised stations and Depots.
12. Record and manage the control of hazardous materials and risks identified within buildings and put in place audits and inspections to meet current standards.
* HND/HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
* Significant relevant experience of operational property engineering
* Knowledge of policies and standards relating to operational property
* Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
* Member of a relevant professional body
* Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
* Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
* Bridges specifically ideal
* Rail experience - Essential unless Highway bridges experience.