£350 - £390 per day + Inside IR35
6 months ago
- Inspect and prioritise renewal proposals for inclusion in the track engineering work bank.
- Provide support to the production and prioritisation of the national business plan.
- Develop allocated renewal and enhancement schemes to meet goals prior to handover to delivery. Following handover, support the development and implementation of projects to confirm the renewal requirements are sufficient, correctly interpreted and any changes agreed. Check that completed schemes are appropriately assessed to determine they meet the project remit.
- Specify acceptance criteria for track engineering works including design approval, acceptance of equipment and hand back to maintenance as appropriate.
- Audit acceptance processes are being discharged appropriately.
- Work with members of the other asset management teams to review renewal and enhancement proposals to optimise engineering activity across the railway infrastructure system and identify critical technical problems.
- Identify issues of national significance and elevate to the national team.
- Check that accurate and comprehensive records relating to the existence, configuration and modification history track engineering assets are maintained and that they accurately reflect their current 'as built 'status.
- Participate in investigations of incidents relating to renewals where required.
- Carry out Engineering verification activities in support of the national programme.
- Carry out asset condition inspections that will inform the Track asset condition database and the renewals work bank.
- Determine renewal requirements and develop allocated Track engineering renewal and enhancement requirements.
- Produce specifications and acceptance criteria for Track engineering works to achieve the required scope and quality in accordance with company engineering policies.
- Leads the requirements for examination and undertake evaluation, assessment and risk management of Track assets.
- Manages compliance of examination and evaluation of Track assets against requirements of standards.
- Provides engineering input to the standards and specifications for Track examinations and assessments.
- Maintains comprehensive and accurate asset records. Direct the implementation of monitoring systems and undertake the review of monitoring results and other control measures.
- HNC/HND or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Working towards membership of a relevant professional institution
- Significant Track engineering experience, particularly related to renewals and enhancements
- Holds relevant professional licences and technical qualifications
- DCCR required
- Maintenance or Renewal Background