4 months ago
To work on a major rail scheme in London we currently have a requirement for an Assistant Engineer to be involved in the system-wide fit-out works within the tunnels & stations. Within this role you'll be overseeing the design and implementation of communication and control systems within the central section areas and be required to support and oversee a range of technical and quality related activities.
- Assist the project team in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities.
- Shadow the leadership team and act as facilitators for a wide range of activities
- Undertake reviews of contractor technical submittals, method statements, work package plans, design and deliverables as required.
- Provide input into engineering solutions/specifications to resolve queries and coordinate resolution of issues where required.
- Communicate information to keep project team members informed of technical issues and progress.
- Provide support with the coordination of the supply of technical information where required and assist with managing the interface arrangements such that other disciplines are supplied with information to allow their progression.
- Monitor contractor compliance with Environmental, Safety and Health requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Receive and comment on contractor reports, attend contractor progress review meetings and develop and maintain supporting documentation.
- Drive own performance and progress in relation to industry accreditation/ chartership, including meeting regularly with supervisor/ mentor.
- Degree in engineering preferred but not essential
- Industry experience preferable but not essential
- High standards of written communication, verbal, numerical and inductive reasoning.
- Good analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- A proactive, flexible, hands-on approach to identification and resolution of problems.
- Self-motivated to overcome potential barriers and obstacles.
- Identifies and embraces change.
- A strong focus on internal and external customers.
- Ability to share information, knowledge and skills.