Up to £0.00 per day + Public Sector IR35
almost 3 years ago
Purpose of the Job
Assist the Project Field Engineer overseeing the technical and quality aspects of systemwide construction, testing and commissioning activities within the Signalling system contract.
- Assisting the Project Field Engineer in discharging delegated duties and responsibilities of the Supervisor under NEC3 ECC, where applicable.
- Undertaking reviews as required of systemwide contractor technical submittals, (including method statements and work package plans where obligated by third party agreements only).
- Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI / NCR / FCD process and where directed seeking input from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Providing input into engineering solutions / field sketches / specifications to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Engineering Manager/ Railway Systems where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the contractor).
- Keeping the Project Field Engineer informed of technical issues on site.
- Monitoring the contractor in ensuring that proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality compliance.
- Supporting the Project Field Engineer in the review and acceptance of contractor certification packages.
- Receiving and commenting on contractor daily reports. Assisting the Construction Manager and Project Field Engineer in reviewing the programme of works.
- Supporting the Project Field Engineer in the review and acceptance of the Contractor's Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Monitoring the contractor's compliance with their ITPs and participating in witness and review points, seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists.
- Providing input to the NCR and Punch List process at contract level seeking support as required from the Railway Systems discipline specialists and other specialist functions in evaluating conformances and assessing contractor recommended dispositions.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Responsible for putting in place systems and procedures that will ensure railway engineering works are delivered in accordance with the Technical Assurance Plan, and Systems Integration Management Plans.
- Assisting the management of works that have complex interfaces between sub-systems, and with the Crossrail civil station and Systemwide contracts, which require effective configuration and interface management during implementation, testing and commissioning phases.
- To support compliant handover of the completed works to both railway infrastructure operators.
- To assist in ensuring contractor compliance with safe methods of railway working, throughout the project execution phases.
- To assist in ensuring the internal interfaces between Crossrail contractors and the external relationships with Network Rail, London Underground and other project partners is managed in such a way as to ensure timely and safe completion of the programme.
- To ensure the contractor complies with their own quality systems.
- To work with the Project Manager and Project Construction Manager to build effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor's team.
Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
- Reports to the Project Field Engineer.
- Works closely with construction management and site management staff, area quality representatives, systems integration and assurance team, engineering manager and document controllers.
- Degree in engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience of the construction of packages of work on comparable railway signalling project works.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes.
- Knowledge of project controls processes.
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations.
- Experience of supervising and administering subcontractors preferable.