£33000 - £42000 per annum + package
10 months ago
- JOB PURPOSE
The role will support HS2's BIM information management, data analysis and all related delivery activities:
- the key interface point with HS2 Contractors' CAD leads in Phase 1 Directorate Area South
- Subject Matter Expert for review of Contractors' CAD documents including CAD specific elements of the BIM Execution Plan;
- Enable within Phase 1 Directorate primarily Area South but also other areas the management and application of CAD / BIM digital data to achieve HS2 internal delivery requirements
- ROLE OF DIRECTORATE/DEPARTMENT
- Phase 1 - Engineering - Systems Integration - BIM
- Ensure that information deliverables provided by Contractors meet requirements and that HS2 has the means to receive, review and assure such information so that the design and construction of HS2, and subsequent operation is successful.
- Phase 1 Area South CAD Subject Matter Expert and interface to Contractors CAD leads with a focus on driving compliance with contractual CAD requirements by joint work with Contractors and supporting HS2 Project Engineers and Project Managers.
- Support to Phase 1 Directorate on the use (review, analysis, coordination, use) of the Information provided by Contractors and drafting of responses to specific queries from Contractors (RFI/TQ/EWN) where subject matter expert
- Support Information Managers as the point of contact for technical CAD information management activities, including review of detailed CAD technical documentation such as BEP, MIDP and MPDT, ensuring they meet HS2 strategic objectives and technical requirements.
- Ensuring HS2 CAD processes, standards and procedures are adhered to by the Supply Chain.
- Assisting the Phase 1 Directorate project managers and engineers in the management and use of CAD information deliverables and objectives.
- Responsible for raising awareness, education and training of project managers and engineers in CAD process and tools. Advise project managers and engineers on available CAD data products and HS2 tools, best practice and how limitations may impact upon their use;
- Identify areas for improvement and feedback into the CAD standards development and operational delivery processes including promoting digital transformation in all areas where efficiency can be gained
- Provide CAD solutions to HS2 challenges, streamline processes and support assurance
- Assist with the repurpose of graphical information for output and other functional uses within HS2 including performing spatial data transformations and translations between CAD and GIS formats and uses such as programme, cost and operation for analysis and simulation
- Assist the wider HS2 Technical BIM team with the convergence, integration and evolution of BIM, GIS and asset standards, methods and tools
- Assist the wider HS2 Technical BIM team with raising awareness of HS2's BIM strategic goals and related methodology within HS2, its supply chain and external stakeholders
5. REQUIRED CRITERIA
- Use of BIM/CAD management tools, such as but not limited to ProjectWise, Bentley AeCoSIM or Autodesk Revit for the management and assurance of CAD information;
- Communication skills - including providing responses to technical CAD questions, requests for information; and communicating technical information to non-technical staff
- Deliver training sessions for HS2;
- Stakeholder management skills - including developing relationships through regular CAD delivery meetings, with HS2 colleagues especially Project Managers, Engineers and Technical Assurance; and Hs2 suppliers
- Manage a varied high volume of demands responding to Contractors queries, formal submissions, plus HS2 Project Manager and Engineer queries on CAD issues;
- Apply project management and governance principles to delivery, especially in managing dependencies between deliverables often from different Suppliers;
- UK BIM Level 2 standards, including BS and PAS1192 series
- Knowledge of information management tools and especially CAD
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience of CAD/BIM within an engineering or multi-disciplinary project
- Experience of managing technical information in a complex environment