Birmingham, West Midlands
£0.01 - £1.01 per day + negotiable day rate inside of IR35
about 1 year ago
Change and Reporting Manager, Rail Project based in Birmingham
1.1 HS2 is the second High Speed Rai? l project in the UK and provides high speed travel from London to Birmingham and the north of England. In doing so it provides major benefits in network capacity, connectivity and growth for the UK. HS2 Ltd is the Non Governmental Public Body established to deliver HS2.
1.2 The Programme and Strategy Directorate (PSD) is at the heart of the business and the project, playing a key role in interfacing with the client and in setting direction for and coordinating efforts from across the organisation and its supply chain to deliver the project. Functions provided include risk, assurance, benefits, information? management, programme controls and the Programme Management Office (PMO).
1.3 Change Management and Reporting are critical activities enabling formal control of%?20impacts to baselines prior to the event and reporting of progress and trends to enable informed management decisions and corrective actions to be undertaken.
1.4 Reporting to the Senior Reporting and Change Manager, this? role sits within PSD teams embedded within a Delivery Directorate. As Reporting and Change Manager, you work closely with the Project team and Cost Management teams to develop, implement and control the HS2 Ltd's change management and reporting processes within that Directorate/Team.
Principal accountabilities within the Directorate/Team to include (but not limited to):
Lead change control activities, conduct quality assurance checks of change submissions, related to programme and project planning and baseline management.
Administer and facilitate from end to end the changes to the baseline, contracts and wider programme.
Monitor, review and report to the PSD Change Management Lead / Head(s) on quality of change proposals submitted for inclusion against baseline.
Issue guidance and corrective actions to functional departmental staff, in order to improve quality of change control information.
Production of monthly performance reports including cost management reports, estimates at completion, trend and performance to date measures.
Attendance at project and programme level meetings and assessment panels to promote, manage and report on progress with change governance and control across the organisation.
Take all reasonable steps to inform all relevant departments within the business to help make sure that all approved changes are correctly attributed, and incorporated into, planned schedules of activity, costs ? models and estimates, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
Promote use of recognised best practice in change control.
Provide advice, training and guidance for functional departmental staff as required for the programme change management process. Regular engagement with functional departmental staff to create a wider understanding on potential impacts to programme wide and contractual change.
Engagement with internal stakeholders for the development, training and management of Programme and Contract change management systems, facilitating reporting requirements at all levels within the organisation.
Support development of requirements, procurement, user testing, training and implementation of Programme and Contract change management systems.
A good understanding of change control principles and experience of managing, controlling and governing? change against a defined baseline on a major infrastructure programme/project.
Detailed knowledge of ? change impact assessments their requirements for successful submission and approval of change and subsequent updates to baseline data.
- Sound knowledge of recognised project management and change control principles (procurement, earned value measurement, risk management, contract administration and claims resolution).
- An understanding of NEC contracts, amendments, early warning notices and the work flows of communications between contractor and client.
- Demonstrable evidence of change management reporting and analysis.
- Evidence ability of succeeding and delivering against tight deadlines, in an ambiguous polit? ical environment and a track record of developing effective working relationships, and providing meaningful guidance and support to colleagues in different disciplines.
- Sound understanding of change and contract management tools and systems.
- Ability to quickly develop a sound knowledge of the HS2 Ltd organisation chart, Heads of Departments and key stake keholders.
- Awareness of the HS2 Ltd Programme and their historic and upcoming key milestones.
- Post-graduate level competency.
- Strong quantitative, drafting and presentational skills, including 0representation for PSD at board level.
- Inter-personal skills with ability to build trusted relationships? at all levels of the organisation and external stakeholders
- Previous rail, infrastructure or construc? tion sector experience.
- Capability with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with a range of project/programme management software ? packages with reporting modules/capability including PRISM.