Manchester, Greater Manchester
23 days ago
Civil Design Engineer with circa 4 years' experience needed in Manchester on a contract basis. In this role you'll be responsible for the engineering development of allocated proposals from clarification of remit to project completion managing so that the engineering solutions to proposals are developed to best satisfy the business case.
- Manage the production of the development remits for proposals so that the engineering requirements, scope, possibilities and operational performance targets are accurately described and maintain a robust challenge to sponsoring engineers and managers, to monitor and value manage the business and technical remit.
- Manage all engineering and development activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable, and that meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Manage the development of suitable engineering options for proposals so that full consideration is given to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction and environmental / whole life issues. Review compliance with standards and maintain designer's competency.
- Maintain strict change control on scope development; evaluate cost, time and performance impacts in conjunction with development management.
Participate in the selection of a single option for further development and manage the development of the selected single option, preparing and monitoring production of reports and papers.
- Prepare the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design, and participate in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed. Where applicable, manage