Up to £0.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
- Duration expected to be 6 months
- MicroStation v8i Bentley. Experience essential
- InRoads Bentley 3D modeling for Earthworks, Roads and finished/Rough grade. Experience essential
- Smart Plan 3D modelling experience for underground piping and concrete structures. Experience essential
- Work on development concept and detail design of underground services layouts including drainage systems and electrical services
- Experience reading/ interpretation P&IDs (to determine connection to open and closed drains u/g systems)
- Work on site preparation and road layout design. Experience essential
- Civil and underground services Material Take off. Experience essential
- 5 years' work experience on Oil and Gas projects essential
Potential Candidates should meet the requirements as stated below have a substantial experience in the role and within the onshore oil and gas sector.
Job Description & Requirements
The candidate must be an experienced underground civil designer with minimum of 5 years' experience in the petrochemical industry and shall have previous work experience for which have completed conceptual and detailed design including layouts and detailing the site preparation (earthworks) works, finished grading/paving and underground services including open, closed, pressurized systems and cable trenches. Moreover, the candidate will complete civil material take off from issued design drawings.
The candidate will assist the civil engineer lead in the co-ordination of underground services with plant layout engineering and electrical engineering.
The successful candidate shall evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in the design of open and closed drainage and underground piping systems. Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data from other parties/execution offices
The successful candidate shall have the following skills:
- Proficiency in the utilisation of 3-D modelling software including InRoads and Smart Plant
- Proficiency to expert level in the utilisation of 2-D drafting software including as a minimum MicroStation
- A basic understanding of constructability, operability, and maintainability requirements.
Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards affecting Civil, Site and Underground Services design drawings.