City of London, London
2 months ago
Responsible for the organisation and direction of construction engineering personnel and activities relating to construction engineering, subcontracts, and engineering liaison to the design functional group for the assigned area of work. Interprets design drawings and specifications. Supervises field verification of materials. Provides technical direction to construction engineers and superintendents in a wide range of construction engineering and design functions relating to multi-discipline engineering in an area /single discipline on the overall project.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional and a temporary baggage building & system.
Initially this role will focus on the MEP scope relating to landside facilities within the terminal extension and associated utility centers and take these areas through planning, construction into commissioning. Candidate should have prior experience working in these disciplines within an airport environment
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Coordinates with engineering on constructability and design issues. Establishes a Design/Field Engineering working relationship and lines of communication with the Project Engineer including agreement on engineering deliverables. Responsible for quantity take-off, control, reporting and forecasting.
Support the Project Engineer with review of design packages and input into early Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) initiatives with Design Consultant, Specialists and Contractors and provide input throughout the Design Stages.
Manages the design of temporary construction facilities as required.
Acts as Temporary Works Coordinator, or ensures these duties are discharged by another member of the Field Engineering team or Subcontractor
Assists in the preparation of cost estimates for construction activities and coordinates the preparation of cost reports, forecast and progress reports. Provides input to project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
Ensures the implementation of the project construction procedures from the Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs) to supplement the existing management systems.
Coordinates with the superintendents and subcontractors to plan construction schedules.
Coordinates subcontract activities to ensure materials, equipment and quality comply with design plans and specifications.
Plans and recommends procedures to be implemented by superintendents to ensure construction operations are within requirements of engineering design and specifications.
Directs the maintenance of construction engineering records from assigned Contractors for job history. Coordinates the receiving, distribution and filing of plans and specifications.
Works with engineering and operating personnel to coordinate construction activities.
Implements controls over variables affecting job progress to ensure engineering and procurement provide timely delivery of drawings, materials and equipment and to ensure that other corporate programs are fully utilized.
Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure completeness and that they are up to date.
Administers major subcontract changes and may represent the company in major contractual discussions and negotiations.
Performs employee reviews for subordinate personnel and assists in their development if assigned. Ensures that subordinate personnel receive progressive training.
Ensures the implementation of project environmental control plan(s) as required.
- Technical knowledge of all phases of construction engineering.
- Prior experience working on the design and/or construction of airport facilities
- Thorough knowledge of construction activities as they relate to engineering disciplines, cost and scheduling, and contract administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) policy.
- Knowledge of project-specific environmental compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Chartered Engineer with a demonstrable experience in the Design/Construction of infrastructure projects with experience in Airport Projects is preferred.
- Prior experience in the, construction, testing, commissioning and handover including Airport Operational Readiness (AOR) of Airport Facilities is desired.