£375 - £400 per day + Inside IR35
8 months ago
As a Project Engineer you will be expected to manage design and construction activities for allocated projects, implementing systems and procedures on behalf of the end client in order to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects.
Specific tasks for this role will involve:
- Engineer Projects to the relevant industry standards and specifications
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors and provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
- Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities.
- Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate, while carrying out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Successful relevant experience in signalling engineering
- involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas would be desirable
- Railway background, direct experience with Network Rail would be beneficial
- IT Literate, including MS Office