Lewes, East Sussex
£50.00 - £56.00 per hour
11 months ago
JOB TITLE: Senior Estimator
REPORTING TO: Commercial Manager
To assist the commercial team in the production of the Target Costs for the maintenance schemes and the costing of Compensation Events.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Produce Target Cost (TC) estimates for all aspects of the service (Carriageway, Schemes, Structures, Street Lighting, Safety Fencing, Traffic Signals) that reflect the anticipated costs of carrying out the works and associated risks.
- Present TC's for adjudication and approval.
- Liaise with the client's commercial team to discuss and clarify any issues raised associated with the TC submissions
- Liaise with the various design teams and Project Managers to discuss, confirm and chase design information to ensure TC submission deadlines are met.
- Contact, nurture and negotiate with supply chain partners.
- Keep and update records of TC that have been submitted.
- Site experience of highway works
- Experienced of liaising with and managing supply chain partners
- Experience of working in a team environment
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of highway maintenance delivery techniques
- Competent mathematical and analytical skills
- PC literate in Excel and Word
- Experience of Candy estimating software.
- Some working knowledge of NEC contract
- Effective communicator
- Good time management
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work under own supervision
- Work in a team to deliver the service
- Can do attitude
- Constructively engage with people from all levels of East Sussex Highways to improve the service
- Full driving licence or ability to meet the travelling needs of the role