Up to £0.00 per day + negotiable day rate inside of IR35
22 days ago
The SCADA/BMS & Comms Design Engineer will support the projects Bond Street delivery contractors by providing technical support to both the Comms and BMS packages. He/she will engage with the MEP and Systemwide Contract Leads to manage the SCADA/BMS and Comms interfaces.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Coordinating all SCADA & BMS termination interfaces with 3rd party equipment
- Producing and reviewing technical submissions (RFI/FCD/NCR) for Comms & BMS issues requiring design input
- Reviewing the SCADA, I/O schedule & ensuring that the intended functionality of the SCADA meets the commissioning requirements
- Engaging with C660 (Siemens) and the Tier 2 contractors to coordinate design and design assurance
- Providing in house resolutions to design issues for PAVA, CCTV, CIS, and Radio Systems
- Providing in house resolutions to design issues for BMS and PLC Systems
- Support C440 (Bond Street Station) in delivering our stage completion milestones
- Support project goal of delivering an integrated railway
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Clients Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Client in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Clients vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Client's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Client's information or information systems at risk
3. Main Challenges of the Job
- Ensuring that the delivered systems comply with prescribed requirements
- Establishing productive working relationships with Client, Tier 1 Contractor, Tier 2 Contractors Systemwide Delivery Team and external stakeholders/third party interface
- Facilitating acceptance of the Comms and BMS systems (design and delivery) by C440 & C660 projects
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Part of a Design Team working collaboratively with the BMS and Comms Leads
- Works closely with the Systemwide Contractor (C660)
- Significant technical complexity (multiple systems and interfaces)
- Multiple stakeholder environment including sponsors, operators, maintainers, delivery contractors (including C&C Systems contractor and interfacing contractors), Network Rail, London Underground, other external interfacing parties M
5. Person Specification
- Experience of setting up a service management framework.
- Specific technical knowledge of: BMS/PLC, SCADA, Radio, CCTV, PA/VA, CIS, systems
- General knowledge of BMS/PLC & Communications systems and their application on railways
- An understanding of the project design coordination and design assurance processes
- Communications project engineering experience gained in a major rail projects environment; including experience of design, construction and testing & commissioning phases
- Knowledge and experience of application of systems engineering and technical assurance methods and practices
- Good communications and team-working skills
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably Systems Engineering / Software / Electrical Engineering)
- Knowledge and experience of Software / SCADA, development, testing and commissioning relating to rail and/or station systems
- Ability to interface and work with railway domain specialists, design managers, software engineers, and test managers in a competent professional manner
- Experience with software engineering solutions related to control and monitoring of the MEP equipment and Communications Systems
- System engineering Lifecycles- experience of system engineering lifecycles and the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects. Awareness of software engineering methods and processes