Market rates outside of IR35
over 2 years ago
9 - 18 months
Communications Project Engineer PA/VA, CCTV, Radio, SCADA and Telephony
Location: London, UK
We are looking for a Communications Project Engineer to support the Stations Delivery Manager in the delivery and completion of the Crossrail project scope for controls and communications systems in that station.
The Station Communications Project Engineer will discharge this responsibility by ensuring a coordinated implementation of the project scope of works with all interfacing parties on site.
Dimensions & Interfaces
Key working relationships:
- Reports to a designated Stations Project Manager
- Works closely with the Delivery Manager, Site Engineer and Project Field Engineer
- Collaborates closely with contractor's and subcontractor's representatives
- Develops effective working relationships with key stakeholders
Main Challenges of the job
- Ensureing the Contractor delivers against the agreed programme and tracking site activity
- Ensuring the Contractor achieves quality/completeness of works
- Supporting the Employer in managing interfaces with other client contracts and third parties beyond the contractor's control.
- Monitoring programme objectives and contractor progress and performance against the contract milestones and current accepted programme.
- Overseeing construction and testing & commissioning activities of designated contracts at designated sites/ areas of responsibility
- Reviewing productivity of the planned works against forecasts.
- Completing daily reports; keeping the Delivery Manager informed of contract and site progress and performance.
- Supporting the Delivery Manager in managing key stakeholder relationships in coordination with the contractor.
- Reviewing the contractor's works programme and liaising with the contractor and others as required to facilitate execution of the works in accordance with the programme.
- Supporting the Delivery Manager in preparing communications and instructions to designated contractors in accordance with the Works Contracts Administration Procedures.
- Providing input to the site based reporting to the Delivery Manager
- Coordinate the acceptance of contractor produced shop drawings
- Assisting with the coordination, facilitation and management of the interfaces, including 3rd party access and approvals between the contractor and other parties both internal and external.
- Support review of responses to requests for information, non conformance reports, field change documents.
- Monitoring Contractor compliance against contractual requirements
- Providing support to the Project Field Engineer in monitoring contractor compliance with the Construction Quality Plan, and in resolution of non conformance reports and snag list items at contract level.
- Monitoring and supporting the contractor's compliance with Environmental, and Health and Safety requirements, escalating issues where required. Checking there is a satisfactory level of health and safety through taking reasonable care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role
- The implementation of the Review and Acceptance of Safe Systems of Work Procedure.
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in the oversight of the contractor design and / or design works that arise during construction.
- Experience of managing construction works on comparable major project infrastructure works
- Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
- Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
- Understanding of project controls processes
- Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the contractor/ subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract document
- Knowledge of station communications systems (e.g. PA/VA, CCTV, Customer Information Systems, Help Points, Telephony, SCADA and Radio is desirable
- Relevant experience in project delivery of systems, preferably in the rail industry is desirable
- Right to work in the UK without company sponsorship
- A good working knowledge of the UK railway industry
- Previous Crossrail / Rail Experience preferable