Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
US$700 - US$750 per day + expat package
about 3 years ago
Brownfield Construction, Completion and Commissioning Superintendent
- Oversee EPCIC Contractor's planning and execution of the brownfield construction, mechanical completion and commissioning of the Project
- Be the prime focal and responsible for the technical, quality, safety, environmental aspects of the work and to successfully complete the offshore brownfield construction, completion and commissioning of all the systems/subsystems involved on time and within the budget.
- Work with EPCIC Contractor to prepare and approval of work packs and work procedures, mobilization to offshore, completion of the work, achievement of mechanical completion, commissioning and ready for start-up in accordance with the approved design, procedures, in a safe manner, within schedule and in accordance with the applicable technical specifications.
- Liaise with onshore fabrication and track the testing & pre-commissioning work at onshore sites, to assist in managing the interfaces between onshore and offshore activities and to develop the data base required for offshore construction, completion and commissioning
- Serve as Company's source of expertise in areas of brownfield construction, completion and commissioning. Shall be accountable for all matters related to safety, quality assurance and technical compliance associated with brownfield construction, completion and commissioning.
- Interface, coordinate with and oversee the work by Company, Contractor and equipment vendor's personnel to ensure the hook-up, testing & commissioning work packs, test packs, procedures and completion certificates are reviewed and endorsed by the relevant parties.
- Coordinate with EPCIC Contractor and Company's Operations & Maintenance Department on production shutdown planning, preparation of integrated shutdown plan, work activities interfaces during shutdown, etc.
- Interface with EPCIC Contractor and Operations & Maintenance on matters relating to start-up. Such shall include start-up procedure, provision of start-up spares and start-up personnel and vendor supports, coordination of start-up activities, etc
- Monitor the marshalling and delivery of materials/equipment and construction spread, mobilization of personnel to work site and kick start the construction, completion, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Monitor the provision of vendors' brownfield construction, completion, commissioning and start-up documents. Review the same documents as required.
- Oversee and supervise work assignment to site engineers/inspectors to ensure adequate verification/attendance/random inspection of the work.
- If warranted, assist the Project Manager in negotiations with Contractors regarding changes and impacts to the Contract.
- Witness where necessary critical activities such as construction, testing, completion and commissioning of the works
- Review adequacy and accuracy of punch lists. Monitor final completion of the work
- Perform any other duties that may be requested by the Project Manager
- At least a tertiary degree in engineering (higher diploma is acceptable if candidate has at least 30 years of experience in the same area as stated above).
- Minimum 20 years of experience in the offshore oil & gas industry of which at least 15 years on brownfield construction, completion, commissioning and start-up of large offshore oil & gas installations (production, receiving, processing, compression, control, safety and utility systems). Candidate must have at least 5 years of hand-on working experience at the offshore site/platform.
- Supervised EPCIC Contractor the planning and execution of the brownfield construction, completion, commissioning and start-up activities of at least two multi-million USD projects within the past 12 years
- Hand-on experience on liaison and coordination with Operations & Maintenance pertain to the planning, execution and production shutdown construction, testing, hook-up, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Experienced with the preparation and review of work packs, compile system/equipment commissioning procedures, test packs, start-up procedure and familiar with the computerized completion management system
- Has good supervisory skills and possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with the internationally accepted upstream offshore oil & gas industry codes and standards
- Willingness to work at offshore sites.
- Shall be well verse with onshore and offshore HSE requirements and work practices