Greater London, England
market rates outside of IR35
over 1 year ago
Based at a project in London, UK, this role co-ordinates the delivery of a Development Consent Order (DCO) Application on a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project. The role manages the deliverables of various components of application including the Environmental Impact Assessment, being produced by Others. Ensures that plans are in place to achieve and maintain compliance with all consents, commitments, licenses and permit requirements applicable to the assigned project. Provides technical assistance and supervisory direction to other project contractors. Identifies and manages resources needed to prepare the Development Consent Order to meet project timeframes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Develops and supervises the implementation of a programme of work to prepare the DCO application in accordance with established systems, processes, and procedures, policies and regulations.
- Manages the Environmental Impact Assessment workstream to ensure deliverables are co-ordinated with the broader timetable of DCO design and consultation.
- Prepares a Consents register, and Consents Management Plan, to capture any other related consents required by the Client.
- Works with programme planners and Project Manager to ensure all consents timelines are embedded within the programme.
- Facilitates expert planning and legal review of the draft DCO application and EIA at appropriate points in the programme.
- Manages and monitors the status of all consents requirements such that the works or any part of the works for which consents are required, are not commenced until consent is granted, notification given and relevant conditions are complied with.
- Supports the development of relationships with consent granting bodies and the including attending liaison meetings and forums.
- Provides technical support to site assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
- Informs project teams of consents requirements and ensures they are incorporated into processes and procedures by subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel.
- Maintains current working knowledge of relevant legislation and industry practice and provides input to GBU Sustainable Development and Environment Managers to update corporate strategy and local action plans to ensure compliance.
- Experience in managing consents for a major infrastructure or construction project, preferably in the aviation industry.
- Knowledge of Development Consent Orders and associated procedures, and sound understanding of relevant legislation.
- Working knowledge of project and risk management processes and procedures.
- Experience in managing specialist teams in support of a major project.
- Experience in managing and providing technical oversight to contractors/subcontractors or consultants.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (APM, IEMA, RTPI, etc.) desirable.
- Skilled in working collaboratively with others in a complex integrated environment.