over 1 year ago
Design Coordinator (M&E)
Our client has an immediate requirement to appoint an M&E Design Coordinator.
This is a good time to join a growing business with strong company vision and values, operating within hospitality and management overseeing mixed-use, residential, hotel and commercial projects across London, Home Counties and the Midlands with a £3.68 billion portfolio of over 5,300 homes, 153 hotel rooms, 726,000 square feet of commercial developments under construction and a further 5,200 units in planning.
With an impressive portfolio of award winning developments, our client are proud to be considered as London's leading property developers. With an impressive portfolio of award winning developments.
Currently looking to recruit an experienced M&E Design Coordinator to deliver or support the delivery of the M&E design aspects on a number of projects. You will manage contractor relationships including having responsibility for the design review process, leading meetings and responding to queries and concerns.
Duties to include;
- Monitoring the M&E Client brief and reviewing Sub-contractor tender packs
- Manage the design issues on projects up to completion and resolution of any problems post-handover
- Liaise with multiple managers from different disciplines on projects and portfolios
- Managing and coordinating external consultants in their day to day duties related to design and technical aspects of production information
- Oversee the Document Controllers with regards to registration and the distribution of design and technical information
- Attend/convene M&E Design team meetings to track progress and ensure the information required by site is delivered on time
- Track the issue of M&E O&M manuals and handover documents, ensuring records are received and filed for issue at building handover
The successful M&E Design Coordinator must have
- Previous experience of working in a M&E consultancy environment with an electrical bias
- Relevant qualifications, BTEC/ONC/HNC/Degree in electrical engineering or building services engineering
- An understanding and knowledge of efficiency/sustainability
- Previous experience of working on complex M&E design projects
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Results focused with the ability to work autonomously
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of BREEAM and RIBA
- Strong problem solving skills and understanding of the best practice in Construction Design Management
- Knowledge on Revit MEP (BIM), 2D/3D modelling is highly desirable