Gatwick, West Sussex
4 months ago
Construction Superintendent Airport Project Gatwick
Assigned to a field construction organisation in a supervisory position. Responsible for the organisation and direction of construction and related activities within a multi-area and multi-discipline construction project. Responsibilities are to ensure assigned jobsite operations are in compliance with design/specifications, completion on schedule, within budget and to quality standards. Responsible for the organisation and direction of construction personnel and activities relating to subcontracts for all packages of work. Coordinates construction activities between all parties, stakeholders and subcontracted packages on the overall project.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidate should have experience of similar scope.
The multi-discipline construction project involves subcontracting packages, including construction logistics, groundworks, structural steel, building envelope, MEP, architectural fit out, lifts and escalators, passenger boarding bridges and SPMT transportation.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and operational guidance from assigned Project Field Superintendent.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to coordinators, administrators and others, as assigned.
- Jobsite contacts are with jobsite personnel including superintendents and subcontractors related to construction engineering. Additionally, contact and management of customer's resident engineering and operating personnel including airfield and terminal stakeholders to coordinate construction activities.
- Office contacts are with all levels of construction, engineering, and other functional support groups.
- Maintains continuous direct contacts with client representatives, subcontractors, suppliers and as authorised with third party stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for jobsite operations including onsite activities of GAL, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives and others as may be assigned within area of responsibility.
- Ensures field workforce organisation is comprised of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures subcontractors effective personnel utilisation.
- Coordinates and monitors subcontractor construction schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
- Responsible for overall supervision of personnel in assigned area of responsibility.
- Allocate tasks and responsibility to project team members and ensure effective personnel utilisation. Motivate and manage staff and ensure correct level of inter project communication is prevalent.
- Maintains an effective relationship with functional departments through continued engagement and following procedures. Utilise the functional team to seek advice and guidance on schedule, project, staffing or personnel issues.
- Ensures works are carried out in accordance with the project security plan.
- Implements procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budget.
- Responsible for coordination of construction operations to ensure they coincide with the overall established schedules. Coordinates with other superintendents and subcontractors to plan construction schedules.
- Maintains relationships with the client and their representatives, as assigned.
- Ensures implementation of a compliant Environmental, Health & Safety program for the overall project, including contractor activities. Ensures construction is undertaken in accordance with CDM regulations, EHS laws and regulations, and customer and Bechtel Standards.
- Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into all aspects of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings. Leads by example in maintaining a high level of environment, health and safety compliance.
- Performs general administrative functions inherent in jobsite supervisory positions.
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management. Preferable that the candidate has knowledge and experience of building construction from foundations to MEP installation to architectural fit out.
- Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan.
- This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline coupled with work experience lead to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- Prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS