+ Flex Fund, Pension
4 months ago
On behalf of a major infrastructure organisation, we are looking for a Continuous Improvement Lead on a permanent basis to be located in either Birmingham or London. Sat within the Construction Directorate, this person who ideally will have experience in Programme/Portfolio Management will be tasked with driving improvements across performance of the Directorate through effective management of the Continuous Improvement Portfolio and business planning.
- Directorate lead on PDP procurement and other potential corporate procurements (e.g. Direct Awards)
- Manage the PDP supplier, and coordinate with the Systems and Data team, to deliver the Continuous Improvement portfolio to enable the most effective balance of organisational change and BAU and contribute to strategic objectives.
- Manage, develop and deliver the evolution of the maturity of the CI portfolio, programme and project management approach to monitor and measure its outcomes.
- Support and promote Continuous Improvement Steering Group and Business Readiness group for Land & Property
- Manage the development of business processes on behalf of the management team, interfacing with the Continuous Improvement Portfolio to ensure that processes are integrated with the rest of the organisation;
- Promote continuous improvement in L&P Development Planning, Process Development and IMS Ownership
- Develop, manage and own the Opex budget including quarterly open forecasts
- Working with the sponsor on the implementation of the Ministerial Review (chair of working group)
- Be responsible for the on process' and policy management for the directorate
- Ensure an adequate flow of information to and from the Directorate Management Team, communicating decisions, chasing actions, etc. as required;
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Influencing & negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to multitask and manage conflicting priorities to agreed deadlines
- Communication skills - including the ability to draft reports, documents and presentations concisely, clearly and persuasively
- Analysis skills - including distilling information from multiple sources and turning it into clear communications including reports and briefings
- Knowledge of best practice project, programme and portfolio management techniques and processes
- Knowledge of Business planning and Organisational development
- Knowledge of managing and delivering within the constraints under which public sector arm's length bodies operate and a good understanding of the nature of central government relationship management.
Type of experience:
- Experience of managing Business Change and transformation programmes or portfolios
- Experience of managing Supplier Contracts
- Experience in developing and managing business plans and budgets to meet targets and objectives
- Experience of managing stakeholder relationships
- Experience of team management
- Experience of producing and reviewing reports
- Experience of organising and facilitating events and meetings