City of London, London
Negotiable + Public Sector IR35
9 months ago
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Project Manager in relation to the development and implementation of a Contract Management Program for the project consistent with Contracts Management Policies and Work Processes, Procedures and Systems. Ensure all commercial and contract issues are dealt within the projects at the lowest level cognisant with the delegated authorities. Perform any and all duties allocated by the Project Manager to ensure successful commercial management of the project goals and objectives.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Project Manager in relation to the following:
- Analysing the contract terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk; such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work; As work proceeds make recommendations on the mitigation of these risks; monitor performance and supporting remedial actions.
- Analyse all contract documentation and produce a Contractor and Project Team deliverables schedule. Monitor performance against this schedule and recommend corrective actions.
- Developing and managing appropriate mechanisms to monitor compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Working with the other Project Team members to check that actions or inactions which could result in constructive contract changes are identified and suggest possible ways of resolving the situation.
- Developing and managing a procedure to recognize and identify contract disputes as they develop and manage the timely resolution under the changes provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate.
- Maintaining a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract administration.
- Within the Project Business Team provide analysed contract performance, quantitative, cost and schedule data.
- Checking that the Project adheres to contract insurance provisions and that any requirements in this regard are implemented.
- Ensure contracts are closed out in accordance with Employer completion process requirements.
3. Main challenges of the job
- Supporting the Project Manager in providing the Project Team with reviews and analysis of the contract performance data.
- Supporting the Project Manager in maintaining a working relationship with the Project, Functional and Corporate Teams.
- Managing multiple framework and construction contracts.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Reports to Project Manager.
- No direct reports.
- Responsible for the contract administration of multiple smaller contracts.
5. Person Specification
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience and some formal training in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling, and cost control.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration as appropriate to a multi-discipline major UK construction project.
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC suite of contracts, with operational implementation and daily contractor management.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices.