To provide Cost Engineering support to the 3GP Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument (ME&I) delivery team to comply with established Project Controls processes and procedures, and ensure timely and accurate Cost reporting.
- Responsible for building effective relationships and proactively seeking the required cost information.
- Mentoring and supervision of Cost Analysts.
- Review and agree Contract Status Reports, forming the basis for VoWD and Cost Report submissions, and acquire concurrence with the Cost Lead, Delivery Manager, Contract Advisor and Planner.
- Provide and deliver a monthly VOWD Submission to the Delivery team for review and approval prior to submission to Central Finance team, together with auditable back-up data, within the prescribed Project Controls reporting Calendar. This should ascertain the cost of work actually performed through to the cut-off date, allows Finance to accurately calculate accruals and will provide cumulative data at year end which will be used by Finance in preparing company accounts. Provide Variance Analysis in line with Central Cost Team requirements.
- Prepare and deliver a monthly Cost Report to the Delivery team for review and approval prior to submission to the Central Cost Controls Team within the prescribed Project Controls reporting Calendar. This will include Total Project Summary, Major Trends, VOWD and Commitment Inception to Date, VOWD & Commitment forecasts phased over the duration of the Contract, Cash Calls, and Movements in the month. Provide Variance Analysis in line with procedure requirements.
- Manage the monthly Trend process in line with the Project Trend Management Procedure. Generate monthly trends, budget shifts and forecast alerts.
- Ensure allocation of costs to the appropriate AFE
- Monitor Contract forecasts in line with contract governance procedures and advising Contracts Advisors accordingly to ensure timely submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Monitoring Contract forecast and Commitments in line with appropriation of funds and AFE values and providing AFE supplement and de-supplement cost data when required.
- Monitoring invoice submissions for correctness and reconciliation with monthly VoWD calculations.
- Prepare and deliver ad-hoc reports as and when requested by the Delivery Team or Central Cost Controls Team.
- Ensure completeness and timely delivery of Project Controls related documentation to the Finance and Central Controls team.
- Interface with all Area Cost Engineers to prevent duplication of Cost and VoWD reporting and to ensure costs are assigned to the appropriate AFE.
- Interface with Central Cost team; seek out the Control Budget and estimate details; funding and appropriation details for Contracts; procedures and templates.
- Interface with Contracts and Procurement; Involvement in all aspects of the contracting process; access to contracts and PO's, including SOW and commercial model; payment verification; invoices; AFE's and coding.
- Interface with TCO Finance; Provide accurate VOWD and Cash call phasing.
- Interface with the Document Controller to ensure the correct delivery and handling of all Project Controls related documentation
- Interface with AFE Owners/Delivery Managers to help manage their budgets and forecasts etc.
- Interface with Project Engineers; Scope of facilities and other relevant area documents.
- Interface with Project Management of Change (PMOC) Champion to ensure all PMOC's and related Cost MOC's are included in the cost forecasts.
- Interface with Planning to assist in cost forecasting and phasing.
- Capture and document 'lessons learned' for future projects and contracts.
- Organize historical data in such a manner as others may easily reference the data in future (examples: Project Audits and IPA Project Evaluations at project completion)
- Interface with the individual Contractors performing the work to ensure; accurate cost data is provided and adequately supported in a timely manner; all reporting requirements are understood and adhered to
- Interface with individual Contractors to ensure and agreed WBS is implemented and adhered to within the reporting structure to enable uploading of data into the Company's reporting software (KCM) at Levels 1-8
- Interface with individual Contractors to ensure any backcharges are well documented and agreed to in accordance with the approved backcharge procedures.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- Project Controls background in Cost
- Working knowledge of construction execution
- Oil & Gas industry experience
PC knowledge and skills
Strong user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience with Kildrummy Cost Manager is a plus.
- Write and speak in a clear and convincing manner, using appropriate language
- Work well with all levels of contractor work force and integrated project management team
- Self-starting behavior and ability to work independently