Birmingham, West Midlands
4 months ago
Develops summary and detailed estimates for the estimating process across the company, providing accurate and robust figures to be used by internal and external stakeholders.
Takes a lead role in estimate reviews and presentations and provides and supports data and cost analysis
Key functions and responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver estimates and provide input for detailed/bottom -up forecasting outturns against benchmarks, norms and current progress.
- Incorporates best practice from industry estimating and related controls services to support consistent best in class approaches and decision making.
- Provide support to the development of programme wide models including (amongst others) indirect costs, whole life, and prelims.
- Responsible for reviewing estimates from consultants and provides recommendation on OLE systems costs.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Degree in engineering, construction management, business management or related field
- Knowledge of OLE systems, suppliers, products and costs.
- Extensive knowledge of capital cost estimating
- Demonstrated ability to readily analyse estimate data and correlate to other projects and to conceptualize the total project scope.
- Experience (minimum (8-12 Years) working with multiple estimating disciplines and a matrix organization including Construction, Engineering, Project Controls, Procurement, Contracts and Commissioning to collect all necessary data on scope and quantities to prepare accurate estimates
- Must demonstrate advanced level of expertise in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Power BI and Excel, typically acquired through multiple years of experience.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or construction management.