Nivelles, Walloon Brabant
€50000 - €70000 per annum + competitive
over 2 years ago
Cost Control Engineer
Belgium - Nivelles,
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Controller in Nivelles - Belgium.
Responsible for all project cost controlling activities for moderate complexity projects or for a subset of high-complexity project scope. Lead project cost controlling teams through all phases and processes of a moderate complexity project (i.e. work breakdown structure or work package). Serve as a project cost controlling subject matter expert and mentor junior members of the project controls team. May be assigned to multiple projects simultaneously.
Job responsibilities and Duties
1. Project planning process
Initiate and plan all cost controlling aspects of a project, which includes but is not limited to, developing and maintaining project baselines, project cash flow/Estimate-at-Complete (EAC) forecasts, budget and/or EAC reporting associated with project scope through project lifecycle. Apply tools and techniques to plan work such that inefficiencies are reduced and overall project performance is optimized, including earned value management systems. Apply cost analytics to confirm validity of plan.
2. Project executing, monitoring and controlling processes
Lead cost controlling activities and be responsible for all aspects of project cost controlling activities. Interpret and transmit project/contract requirements to functional groups.
Process, monitor and track changes following an integrated change control process.
Prepare or oversee project cost expenditure forecasts and progress evaluations/projections (including Estimate at Completion updates and Earned Value Management) to support project performance and financial reporting requirements.
Review project expenditures for compliance with project baselines and scope.
Promote teamwork and effective communication, which includes maintenance and dissemination of project metrics to ensure team, customer, and all stakeholders are kept informed of project status.
Develop or oversee project databases, systems and procedures to ensure efficient handling and transmission of project performance information between project team members.
3. Project closing process
Properly close the project by archiving work in financial, document management, and resource management systems/tools.
Perform and communicate final project completion cost assessment. Identify and communicate opportunities for improvement, lessons learned, and risk avoidance for future work.
Develop positive relationships with team, customer, suppliers, Client's in-country representation (for international projects), and other stakeholders to drive project to successful completion. Integrate project's objectives and actions through participation in the project controls team and with other project groups in matters of common concern.
Coordinate required tasks/deadlines. Escalate issues to appropriate levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Engineering, Business, Accounting, Construction Management or related technical discipline.
- Minimum 6 years or more of project controls or cost controlling experience in the position functional/technical area.
- Advanced knowledge of Project Management Concepts.
- Advanced interpersonal skills such as the ability to deliver effective verbal and written communications, ability to operate and lead within complex team structures, able to analyze problems, establish facts, and make complex decisions with little to no supervision.
- Advanced ability transform raw data into visual reports, understand database concepts in order to manage data within systems, understand the interaction of company functions that are touch points to projects (Finance, Legal, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.). Ability to develop and present high-quality, audience-appropriate reports and contribute to presentations.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in project cost management processes and associated tools (e.g. SAP or other related tools).
- Proficient in English, with good working knowledge of French (knowledge of other languages would be an asset)
- Planning and organization skills, time management.
- Teamwork, good communication skills, driving for results, cross-cultural awareness