£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus
about 2 months ago
About the role
We are looking for a curious, methodical, and experienced data analyst to join our commercial team with a focus on delivering customer insight that improves performance and demonstrates the value we add. As well as enhancing customer experience, you will improve public health outcomes through the insights you generate. Ideally you will have a background in public health at either a national or local level and will be familiar with working with and interpreting public health datasets.
We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable insights for our business and the customers we serve. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, mathematics, and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research. Your goal will be to help our company and our customers analyse trends to make better decisions.
A fast-growing technology company with more than 13 years' experience as the market leader. We work with over 60 local authority regions and NHS providers across the UK and are a trusted partner of the NHS. With recent investment, the company is committed to growth and continuous improvement. You will join a supportive team where you'll be encouraged to do your best work and develop market-leading research and analysis in the field of public health.
- Interpret and provide accurate and timely information to internal and external stakeholders in a format that is easily understood
- Support research and publication of service outcomes to drive brand awareness and new business opportunities
- Work with the Commercial Team to understand key trends in the market, to ensure the scope and direction of our data analysis helps support our value proposition
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Present information using data visualisation techniques
- Collaborate with technology, product development and medical teams
- Support the development of proposals to expand the scope of services provided under customer contracts
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret data
- A good understanding of database structures and translating business requirements into report definitions
- Ability to assimilate and communicate quantitative and qualitative information in a format that is easily understood by all audiences
- Knows how to use data to build persuasive arguments to influence key stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills - including understanding of power pivot tables, vlookups, conditional formatting, graphing, data handling, VBA, and macros
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI) and data frameworks (e.g. Azure Data Factory)
- Working knowledge of building reports in Power BI, including use of DAX
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Experience in ensuring data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking, and validation.
- Experience of successfully working in fast paced environments.
- Statistical analysis desirable, i.e. analysing data using statistical techniques, formulas, and calculations, as well as performing statistical tests to determine the reliability and soundness of results.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred
Values and Behaviours:
- Demonstrable commitment to and focus on quality, promoting high standards to ensure quality customer and service user outcomes
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm and self-motivation to deliver results
- Values diversity, operates with integrity and openness
- Works across boundaries, looks for collective success, and learns from the contribution of others
- Actively develops self and others
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- Demonstrable commitment to partnership working with internal and external stakeholders
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary (circa £50k) and participation in company bonus scheme