£600 - £650 per day + Inside IR35
11 months ago
- Lead and manage the ongoing data load work of the BAU (Business as Usual) team.
- Chair and lead the team daily catch-up to review pending data loads and data transformations.
- Review and lead on the management of errors, investigating with the BAU team and raise with the data engineering team as required.
- Monitor responses to change requests and arrange data reloads as required.
- Check dependencies for each dataset and ensure that all parts of the data creation are completed.
- Ensure that other A&P teams are notified about a) when datasets are ready for reporting, and b) issues affecting the quality/completeness of datasets.
- Review data load and transformation timings to check for issues and suggest improvements.
- Liaise with the data engineering team Delivery Manager to schedule data reloads following Sprint deployment.
- Oversee requests for replacement data following data load failures.
- Manage data access requests according to an internal process.
- Catalogue data assets and commission and compile business and technical descriptions and usage notes for them.
- Liaise with reporting and data exploitation leads to a) understand and document data provision deadlines and b) understand and address concerns around data supply timeliness, and the format and quality of data provision.
- Oversee the creation of reference datasets needed for the data engineering team, such as mapping data items from one system to another.
They would need
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to identify and form good business relationships quickly.
- Technical proficiency in an Oracle environment for problem investigation etc.
- Knowledge of work management/collaboration tools such as MS Teams, Trello and JIRA etc.
to use Trello to manage their team's workload and enforce its usage within their team
- drive forward the use of GitHub as part of BAU
- Add to a 'best practice' confluence page around Oracle artefacts
- Liaise with reporting side of A&P and the end users as and when needed
- Experience of PL-SQL
- Familiarity with Star Schemas and Dimensional Modelling