Tabuk, Saudi Arabia
over 1 year ago
We are currently looking for a Depot & Maintenance Facilities Engineer with extensive experience in planning and developing Depot & Maintenance facilities for Rolling Stock, Yellow Plant and Infrastructure maintenance. Working on the NEOM project which is a planned cross border city located in NW Saudi Arabia which will comprise of towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centre's, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. The successful candidate will support the O&M Manager in the management of the Depot and Maintenance Facilities for the activities undertaken by the Backbone Engineering Consultant (BEC) and subsequent design and delivery contractors.
- Support the establishment and management of the detailed Projects O&M Strategy, O&M Plans and support processes which includes:
- Lead the development of the Depot and Maintenance Facilities Concepts
- Maintenance and Work Order Workflows
- Safety and Environmental Management processes working with the HSQE Manager and O&M Manager
- Maintenance Staffing Plans (including job profiles)
- Training Plans
- Provision of maintenance support
- Provide advice on current world's best practice for depot and rail infrastructure O&M
- Review existing designs from a depot and maintenance perspective
- Define the maintenance roles and responsibilities of the O&M contractor and other contractors
- Ensure consistency and standardisation of approach across HSR, freight and metro projects
- Support for Testing & Commissioning planning
- Support the capture of fault finding/rectification data during installation and Test/Commissioning phase as an input to the Projects FRACAS process
- Assist in the process to quantify the expected performance of the railway in terms of RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability) targets.
- Ensure System and Operational safety requirements (contract & derived) are adequately developed, captured and addressed, then supported by the design verification evidence provided by the BEC and subsequent design and delivery contractors.
- Ensure that robust O&M is undertaken within the BEC and subsequent design and delivery contractors and identify any risks in the design of the operational railway.
- Support the specification and review of functions and characteristics of the operational railway identifying the system hazards and system assurance which will need to be addressed.
- Providing inputs into the common Projects risk register and participating in its regular review and during the life of the project.
- Providing advice as required on O&M processes pertinent to railway operation.
- Assist the System Assurance and Integration Manager with the review and acceptance of the design and delivery contractors Safety Cases for the elements, products and systems being delivered. The review and acceptance of the safety cases will take account of the safety argument and the safety evidence put forward incrementally, including supporting safety analyses and other supporting evidence/justifications.
- Understand a live operational construction environment with significant safety hazards including moving trains and 25kV Overhead Line Electrification.
- Lead the development of the stage works Depot and Maintenance Facilities strategy including temporary operations and pre-operational maintenance plans and activities.
- Ensuring Depot and Maintenance Facilities stage works considerations are addressed in the contractor's design.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor design submittals relating to Depot and Maintenance Facilities.
- Undertaking reviews as required of other contractor technical submittals (including task briefs and work package plans) relating to systems assurance.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor inspection and test plans relating to Depot and Maintenance Facilities.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor handover plans.
- Support Projects in the liaison with Shadow Operator, ISA and Rail operators appointed.
- Review adherence to the Project Contract, relevant legislation, regulations and directives from relevant authorities in relation to safe operation and maintenance of the HSR, freight and metro railways.
- Provide input to maintenance occupational safety risk assessments.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in science, engineering from an accredited university or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive Depot and Maintenance Facilities experience in delivering rail projects.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Significant experience of depot workshop and infrastructure maintenance facilities including plant requirements as applied to major railway infrastructure projects/technology development and implementation of projects.
- Substantial maintenance management and/or planning on major mainline rail or metro projects.
- Understanding of railway/metro and related Maintenance/Asset Management Systems.
- Desirable to have previous freight maintenance experience.
- Client interface experience and engagement with contractors and subcontractors.
- Proven track record at management level within a maintenance organisation.
- Strong English language communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to prepare clear strategic planning procedures and user-friendly templates to assist entities in undertaking forward, strategic planning.