Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Rail Infrastructure Design Lead required to work on Phase 2 of the HS2 Project.
Permanent position based in Birmingham.
As a Phase Two Design Lead you will you will be responsible for the quality of design across Phase 2 with particular emphasis on ensuring designs are developed in accordance with client requirements and the Design Vision and championing good design.
Salary negotiable depending on relevant experience and excellent benefits package.
- Lead the design, covering Architecture, landscape, art & Culture and independent design governance.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of station designs that comply with technical station requirements whilst being the designate Principal Designer's Representative for route wide design issues;
- Support the area teams develop project specific design proposals to and to deliver value for money solutions across Phase 2;
- Oversee the integration of design interfaces across phase Two; and the design assurance activity of the phase two project ensuring that assurance requirements are delivered consistently by the area teams
- Be responsible for overseeing the consistent delivery of designs that comply with technical requirements for Utilities, Rail systems and Permanent Way Engineering including line management and support of the team.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Understanding of engineering / design matters, reporting and associated risk management
- Broad expertise in developing multi-disciplinary designs in a rail environment
- Experience of similar role on a major rail or infrastructure project in a multi-disciplinary design and delivery environment
- Collaboration & Relationship Building: Work in collaboration with supply chain partners, stakeholders and colleagues to achieve quality outcomes, ensure value for money, manage risk and to ensure all voices are heard
- Engagement and Influential Communication: Communicate appropriately with a range of people, understanding different perspectives and adapting communication style to have a positive impact
- Results Orientated: Demonstrate energy and commitment, focusing efforts on achieving quality results and setting standards for excellence