York, North Yorkshire
about 1 year ago
As an DPE you're responsible for ensuring that there is a clear understanding of the project remit, the scope is well-defined and that the budget for each activity to be carried out by each discipline. Ensuring that there is appropriate dialogue between the disciplines during the project life cycle, and, where necessary, between the different offices involved in the project.
- Maintain a master schedule to allocate resources on their projects and bids.
- Provide integrated teams for project delivery that aligns with competency requirements and minimises office interface.
- Liaise with other EMs for additional resources and with the applicable Heads of Discipline (HoD) for supply chain where necessary.
- Through liaison with the HoD, seek assurance that the Task Manager is allocated to any project or bid has the appropriate expertise and experience for the role.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure that the office has sufficient resources to support the project.
- Champion the consistent use of delivery tools/processes which ensure that all parties have an agreed understanding of the project and their part within it.
- Bid Strategy, Interactive Planning, Design Input Statement, Inter-office Work Agreements, and output from Client Expectation Surveys, Client Satisfactions Surveys, and (where appropriate) feedback against KPIs.
- Champion a culture of getting it right first time.
- Support the HoDs to drive efficient design - making use of a database of standard solutions.
- Support the HoDs through DRNs analysis etc to identify where training, recruitment etc is needed.
- Support the HoDs and Head of Engineering in ensuring a consistent approach to engineering delivery across all disciplines / offices.
- Provide engineering input into PQQs, bids and the development of momentum work on active project.
- Drive continual improvement of our deliverables by using the DRN analysis and other Client feedback to track positive and negative trends from previous months stats.
- Implement improvement measures and share good practice as applicable.
- On a day-to-day basis, be aware of delivery commitments made by each of the disciplines in the office, the issues which could adversely impact delivery, and take appropriate action to address delivery issues as necessary.
- Ensure that the Rail Director and Project Manager is kept informed on delivery progress.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng) or equivalent Degrees.
- Extensive experience in multidiscipline design/design management.
- Knowledge of Rail and able to lead and guide others in implementation of Rail standards.
- Knowledge of TSI's, Eurocodes and British Standards
- Ability to undertake Engineering Manager and Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) role on Rail Projects.
- Ability to undertake Designated Project Engineer role on NR and/or High-Speed Rail projects.
- Previous experience with NR Assurance Process and working on NR design projects.
- Understands NR and high-speed operational environment and constraints to development and vision to find solutions to operational constraints.
- Understands and previous experience with High Speed Rail engineering assurance processes.
- Systems Engineering Management knowledge and experience, and demonstrate practical applications on previous projects.
- Clear understanding of NR/L2/INI/02009, the relevant Engineering Management Plan and the role and specific aspects of the delegation.
- Be able to implement a process and appropriate techniques to be adopted for the interface management of system elements, including interface management of key Stakeholders requirements, and supporting interdisciplinary reviews.
- Demonstrate experience in Systems Integration processes and Systems Verification against operation capability of assets in the context of the relevant technical standards including Engineering Assurance TSI.
- Understands the requirements of the CDM & CSM-RA regulations.
- Experience of Requirements Specification and Management, including analysis of Stakeholder needs and expectations to establish and manage the requirements for the system.
- Be able to specify the full range of PRAMS requirements and acceptance criteria for a complex programme/project, taking into consideration whole life costing.
- Experience in leading "Safe by Design" initiatives, carrying out whole-system CSM Risk Evaluation and Analysis, has knowledge of the relevant standards and can provide advice to others.
- Demonstrates experience in participation in a CSM Hazid Identification workshop.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, or equivalent experience.
- Rail system safety knowledge.
- High Speed Rail experience.