almost 2 years ago
Electrical O&M specialist
Duration: Approx. 3-6 months
- Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
- Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered.
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
- Must be competent and able to expediently work in a culturally diverse, interactive, and productive team environment, uphold the company's ethics and leadership covenants and apply the company's highest standards of quality to all facets of the work including technical and administrative aspects.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer must be computer literate with the latest range of office automation tools (e.g. MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-Point etc.)
Specific Position Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Electrical O&M specialist shall form part of the team carrying out Electrical Reliability review on the Reliance project and shall report to the Team Leader.
- The Electrical O&M specialist's responsibilities shall encompass the following:
- Review and assess adequacy of client's framework for carrying out operations and maintenance for all electrical equipment across the complex
- Review and assess adequacy of operation and maintenance procedures
- Create procedures for carrying out operations and maintenance where needed
- Assess and recommend providers for providing competency training and certification to client's engineers
- The Electrical O&M specialist shall have significant hands-on experience with carrying out/managing O&M for the following equipment:
- HV, MV and LV switchgear
- Power Generators and Motors
- Variable Speed Drives and UPSs
- Ex-certified equipment for hazardous area
Candidates must be familiar with International Standards (e.g. IEC, ANSI, NEMA, API, etc) and their application as well as industry trends and their likely impacts. Knowledge of Indian standards is desirable.