+ Pension, Flex Fund
about 1 month ago
Develop and deliver a procurement plan for energy that achieves project operational carbon and cost ambitions, maximising the value of assets through exploration and appraisal of commercial opportunities in energy innovation.
- Ensure timely procurement of energy for commissioning and operations in a way that delivers the objectives of the Energy Strategy.
- Develop and implement a road map for procurement of energy, ensuring appropriate internal and external resources are identified and costs built into business plans.
- Provide expertise to support the energy procurement plan; power markets updates, business case for supply options and assessment of commercial opportunities.
- Develop commercial models and financial appraisals for revenue generation opportunities for the Infrastructure Manager including but not limited to analysis for 3rd party financed Behind-the-Meter (BTM) Generation at various sites.
- Provides insight, information and advisory support for the following areas; Energy supply market engagement and regulatory requirements / implications.
- Keep up to date with UK Power Markets updates and implications, including outcomes and analysis of CfD (Contracts for difference) allocation rounds.
- Ensure the energy supply contracts enable client to achieve zero carbon electricity supply through supply contract portfolio.
- Develop a risk management strategy for the energy supply contract portfolio that will allow client to balance risk and maximise value.
- Develop the business case for energy supply options and seek approval with the appropriate governance route, as provided by the project Sponsor.
- Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work, and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation providing clarity on complex issues.
- Ability to build and manage relationships internally and externally and influence stakeholders to secure support.
- Ability to work across functions and virtual teams to achieve outcomes.
- Ability to produce and present materials regarding complex issues to a variety of audiences, including internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix organisation, extracting data and information from a wide number of stakeholders and documents.
- Ability to negotiate at all levels in order to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Knowledge in energy management and energy innovation commensurate with a Member of the Energy Managers Association.
- Knowledge of UK energy generation and distribution changes - future energy scenarios, major shifts and challenges in the sector, commensurate with a Member of the Energy Institute or Energy Managers Association.
Type of Experience
- Managing Energy in a commercial environment.
- Energy procurement and risk management.
- Experience of financial appraisal and business case generation.
- Managing long term projects or a programme of work.