Busan, South Korea
US$900 - US$1000 per day + expat package
almost 4 years ago
Job Description Sheet - Engineering Interface Manager
- Position Recommended Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required, preferably engineering discipline in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical.
- At least 25 years of experience of which 18 year must be directly related to the engineering design, fabrication, installation and hook-up and commissioning of offshore oil and gas production and processing facilities
- A minimum of 12 years of supervisory experience in the upstream offshore oil and gas industry of which 5 years must be in spent in the position of Engineering Manager or equivalent for offshore platform EPCIC work (add-on to an existing main gas processing platform) including low pressure gas compression modules and extensive brownfield work scope involved. Experience in the design, fabrication and construction of subsea production system is an advantage.
- Basic knowledge in other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, process, structural, piping, subsea and pipeline
- Good working knowledge of internationally acceptable codes and standards such as API, ASME, NORSOK, DnV, AISC, AWS, etc.
- Extensive experience with over 300 million USD EPCIC project is desired.
- Strong drive, motivated, good interpersonal skills, able to work independently with little supervision, excellent decision making skills, good oral and writing skills, and be able to chair internal and external meetings. l
- Position Role and Responsibilities
- Assist the overall planning and execution of fiscal and administrative functions relating to EPCIC project execution strategy, positively participate, evaluate and follow up on technical issues, risk assessment and rectification of potential hazards/risks, etc.
- Supervise Company's engineering team/personnel to ensure the design performed by the contractor is safe for operations and maintenance, optimized, comply with the specifications, codes and standards, and meet the overall project schedule
- Be able to evaluate the impacts and risks while discharge his duties especially on matters pertaining to risk assessments, deviation and exception to specifications, codes and standards, and facility's operability and maintainability.
- Liaise with Company's quality, construction and commissioning personnel and assist in the review of work procedures, resolution of technical issues, participate in review workshops and, inspection of work and activities performed by contractor.
- Keep up to date, coordinate functional roles pertaining to health, safety, environment protection. Comply with responsibilities as defined in the Company's Health, Safety & Environment Policy and ensure compliance with the same throughout the team.
- Interface and liaison with Company's other functional departments, contractors and agents.
- Set technical goals and action plan within broad outlines provided by top management.