Environment Advisor: Birmingham
£175 - £185 per day
over 4 years ago
Environment Advisor - 12 Month Rolling Contract
£175 - £185 per day - Birmingham
I am looking to speak to Environment Advisors for Phase 2 of the HS2 project in Birmingham on a 12-month rolling contract.
- Support the area environmental assessment work (including associated assessments) developed for the hybrid Bill for Phase Two in accordance with organisational, sponsor and parliamentary requirements.
- As part of the Area Team, provide advice to support the development of environmental design solutions and ensure that environmental sustainability issues continue to be embedded as an integral part of the project design in accordance with the HS2 Sustainability Policy and Sustainability Approach Document.
- Work collaboratively with other technical specialists including engineers, construction experts, architects, property advisors, environmental and sustainability specialists to achieve high quality integrated designs and develop appropriate and cost balanced mitigation strategies and solutions.
- Support area technical stakeholder engagement (working closely with the Central Environment Team and Stakeholder Team) via various different forums to obtain information to inform the development of the area (and, where necessary, route-wide) assessment and design and to ensure the stakeholder's environmental and sustainability requirements are understood and managed so as to minimise petition risk and to support the development of a world class railway.
- Working closely with the Environment Manager, draft responses to general internal and external enquiries (including FOI, EIR and PQ requests) on area environmental (including EIA, TA and EqIA) matters to ensure timely, consistent, robust and assured responses.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant environmental/ built environmental discipline.
- Working towards membership of a relevant environmental / built environmental organisation.
- Experience of environmental assessment (EIA) on large scale projects.
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and current best practice guidance.
- Strong IT skills and proven working ability to use Office based software, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, coupled with an aptitude towards learning and utilising new software in the office environment (training is provided in the use of the internal document management systems). A good understanding of GIS, SharePoint and eB is also desirable.
- Experience of preparing / reviewing material for and attending public consultations.
To learn more about the role, company and project please send a copy of your CV in reply to this advert for the further conversation.
HS2 l Environment l HSE l Rail l Birmingham l Adam Rogerson