about 1 year ago
Environment Manager/Advisor Job Description
- Be the main environmental contact for the BSCU project team;
- Implementation, monitoring and maintenance of Environmental Management system and Energy Management System in line with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 50001:2018.
- Facilitation of dialogue between the design team, environmental consultants, the local authority, statutory consultees and London Underground.
- Review of draft documents produced by environmental consultants;
- Manage, report on, and ensure maintenance and calibration of noise, vibration, and dust monitors across sites responding to any exceedances and determining the cause of any that occur;
- Development and provision of environmental training for site workers, to include inductions for all personnel, mandatory Environmental Awareness courses, and tool box talks and training for personnel with specific environmental responsibilities;
- Management of all environmental personnel; including all environmental specialists, and co-ordination with the Construction team;
- Approval of the environmental parts of works method statements;
- Liaison, where appropriate, with sub-contractors, suppliers, client, enforcement agencies and other relevant interested parties;
- Co-ordination with contractors at other work sites in the vicinity (generally taken to be up to 200 m distance) regarding cumulative impacts;
- Identifying and ensuring compliance with environmental, legal and contractual requirements;
- Liaison with the Procurement team to ensure that procurement incorporates sustainability;
- Provision of advice and direction of the Construction team, to enable them to respond to, and promptly address environmental incidents and complaints;
- Analysis of individual environmental incidents and complaints, to identify root causes, corrective and preventive actions needed; and to identify any trends and strategic actions;
- Management of environmental monitoring as required by this EMP including analysis and interpretation of monitoring results and actions;
- Monitor the environmental performance of subcontractors, suppliers and partners, etc. and make appropriate recommendations for performance improvements;
- Undertake audits and inspections for the company and its subcontractors against this EMP, as well as other environmental, legal and contractual requirements;
- Identification, and appropriate management of, environmental key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as the production of regular reports to the Project Manager, LU and Dragados SA;
- Write up and record and make widely available Case Studies and Best Practices;
- Management of the projects certification to CEEQUAL version 5.0;
- Liaise with the City Of London, neighbouring stakeholders, consultants and engineering teams, and client to renew Section 61 agreement with the local authority, and create variations where needed.