17 days ago
Our Client has an exiting opportunity based in Norwich, working as a Environmental Engineer working on a hybrid working pattern.
- 12 Month Contract
- Provide expert advice and proactive environmental support to Operations.
- Ensure understanding of all environmental requirements and implement controls and mitigations.
- Support Net Zero projects from concept to execution.
- Coach and develop Environmental Advisors.
- Manage the regulatory relationship with offshore and onshore environmental regulators.
- Manage projects within the hub, providing advice to project teams.
- Review and submit all required permits to the regulator.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Manage OPPC, ETS, and Chemical permits.
- Review all permit submissions to the regulator.
- Support timely submission of internal and external reporting (EEMS, OSPAR, OPPC, SECR).
- Provide technical input into Terminal Environmental Operations.
- Input into an Environmental plan supporting ISO14001.
Audits and Inspections:
- Coordinate and lead the maintenance of ISO14001:2015.
- Conduct programmed audits and inspections.
- Represent the company in external affairs concerning environmental management.
- Provide advice on environmental policy and legislation compliance.
- Coordinate the monitoring and review of environmental legislative changes.
Personnel and Contractor Performance:
- Regularly review personnel and contractor performance against environmental operating standards.
- Develop and maintain training and advisory documents.
- Deliver training and advisory sessions to personnel.
Oil Spill Plans:
- Ensure oil spill plans are updated and maintained.
- Member of the Incident Management Team (IMT).
- Provide input and oversight of the environmental element of the HSE budget.
- Strong experience in the environmental field of offshore upstream Oil & Gas.
- Broad experience, including offshore production, subsea, drilling, and well intervention.
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory environmental framework.
- Knowledge of emissions management and trading schemes.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Degree in Environmental Management, Engineering, or similar.
- Trained ISO14001 auditor.
- Working knowledge of SCR2015.
- Familiarity with PORTAL, EEMS, ETSWAP (or UK equivalent).
- Knowledge of SECR.
- BOSIET/FOET certification.
- Ability to build excellent relationships and collaborate with peers and external stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with multitasking ability.
- Pragmatic approach to work with integrity.
- Proactive, self-starting, and able to work alongside leadership.
- Use personal credibility and relationships to educate and assist others.