about 1 year ago
Working permanent night shift 22-00 to 06-00 Sunday to Thursday to work alongside the night shift Fire Systems Site Lead in a quality assurance management role
This includes monitoring and ensuring acceptable quality of work for the fire systems installation, ensuring right first time installation, ensuring progressive assurance documentation is completed, overseeing the safe installation and safe test & commissioning of all required works associated with Fire Detection & Alarm, Fire Damper Systems, ASD/VESDA Systems and Low-Pressure Water Mist Systems.
Plan all assurance inspections (IRF/IRN/PCC etc.) and send out all required invitations for witnessing to required attendances.
- Ensure excellent level of health and safety performance through taking care of own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the delivery of this role.
- Monitor and support the sub contractor's compliance with health, safety and environmental requirements, escalating issues and seeking intervention where required.
- Drive fire system performance in relation to design, construction, testing & commissioning, certification and handover of fire systems.
- Liaise with the sub-contractors and Project Manager's team to proactively identify fire system issues, risks and opportunities. Drive resolution of these issues and work with sub-contractor to implement risk mitigation and opportunities.
- Liaise with the Fire Systems Site Lead to monitor and report the on-site status of fire systems construction (% complete etc.), site installation quality, site installation progress to IRF and IRN, testing & commissioning, certification and handover deliverables.
- Understand and ensure that the fire systems installation meets specification and standards with a "right first time" view in advance of IRF and IRN inspections.
- Proactively seek out, provide input to Site Lead and assist with the resolution of fire system issues relating to design, construction, assurance/certification and handover.
- Liaise with the Site Lead to ensure access requirements are planned by the sub-contractor as part of the 6 week look ahead programme.
- Carry out inspections and audits of materials delivered to site and installed by contractor.
- Nightly Planned quality inspections of works in progress
- Plan with the contractor to send out invites and manage IRF / IRN Inspections
- Progress, close out of snags raised at inspections
- Checking of documentation Submitted for IRF's by contractor
- Applying for all assurance Document Numbers for IRF's IRN etc., working with contractor, understand requirement and apply for doc numbers
- Witnessing of site testing
- Assisting day shift QA Manager with quality documentation as necessary
- Assisting the Coordination with Contractors, client and AIS for IRF Inspections.
- Assist QA Manager withT-13 Planning
- Collating information received back from shift reports and updating assurance progress trackers nightly
- Review of contractor's quality documentation
- Monitor the works and confirm progress in line with the programme
- Assist Dayshift QA Manager in Coordinating Assurance inspections with other appropriate parties.
- Monitor works being undertaken and ensure they align with the agreed Safe System of Works
- Attend one-hour evening meeting per week via zoom with Management
- Carry out monthly quality surveillance
- Produce weekly planned v actual with regards to IRF's
- Review of contractors IRF planner against contractors 6 week look ahead
- Nightly quality shift report showing progress towards relevant IRF's
- This role is both site and office based, applicant will require an advanced knowledge of Microsoft office
- Review and highlight any assurance issues with the sub-contractors 6 week look ahead programme.
- Review fire system activities in the 6 week look ahead programme, ensuring access has been planned for assurance and that opportunities are identified and implemented.
- Monitor fire systems performance against the accepted programme, 6 week look ahead programme and testing & commissioning programme. Drive performance and the resolution of issues to ensure that programme objectives are met.
- Work with sub-contractor to ensure that fire systems quality inspections support the testing & commissioning and handover programme.
- Review and acceptance of sub-contractor fire systems submittals as required.
- Submission of an assurance nightly shift report combined with the overall night shift report.
- Electrical Engineer / Fire Engineer with Fire Systems Package experience.
- Accomplished QA Manager / QA Inspector / Construction Manager (preferably in a lead role)
- Fire Systems experience preferable
- Demonstrate competence in a fire systems assurance delivery role
- Preferably experience working on the Crossrail project
- Good understanding quality management and assurance
- Site experience of health, safety and environmental procedures and understanding of how good practice should be adhered to
- Strong leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, experience of dealing with fire systems works packages, design, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of LU processes and procedures.
- An ability to identify priorities; the drive to get things done; and the personality to work effectively at all levels.
- A problem solver with project delivery experience, able to drive programme and be results driven.