North West London, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum
7 months ago
We are hiring a general ledger accountant to report to the General Ledger Supervisor within the Corporate BBS UK team.
This position is currently partly remote. 3 days WFH, 2 days in NW London office
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares and record journal entries to assist with month end process.
- Preparation and review of account assigned reconciliations and liaise with service center on corrective action.
- Assists with audits and preparation of financial statements, related disclosures, and work papers of various UK legal entities.
- Liaise with tax team to complete and resolve routine tax submissions and related matters.
- Coordinates with Project accounting teams on audit queries and transactional issues impacting processes or compliance.
- Perform quarterly and yearly analysis on specific balance sheet accounts for reporting to head office.
- Assist with the preparation of the operations budget, monthly monitoring of costs against budget, monthly variance analysis.
- Maintain monthly profit and loss summary for UK entities.
- Assists Accounts Payable teams to ensure local payment instructions are executed.
- Obtains request for vendor supplier setup and banking confirmations.
- Updates and reports on government website portals.
- 4 - 5 years of accounting experience
- Must have legal right to work in UK without sponsorship
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and applicable accounting methods.
- The ideal candidate must possess good organization skills, the ability to provide constant attention to detail and have the ability to apply quality control over volume workloads and to tight deadlines.
- The ideal candidate must be a "self-starter" capable of working independently, taking initiative identifying and resolving issues, managing workload and timely correspondence.
- Should have good analytical skills.
- Ability to foster a spirit and attitude of teamwork and cooperation with colleagues and internal customers.
- Experience in working with multi-currencies transactions, reconciliations, and reporting.
- Intermediate skills in the areas of oral and written communications, project financial process controls, MS Office suite of applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Business Objects, SharePoint), accounts payable, general ledger and billing.